who has what motorhome

Hi All

Just joined. We have just bought our first motorhome late last month. We have never owned one before and have spent the last 9 months going to shows before buying a Burstner 748-2. one year old.

This van is more complicated than a plane but have 14 months to get used to it before we go fulltimming. Making my motorbike ramp at the moment cant do without 2 wheels for easy parking and shopping.

steve&ann===teensvan

Hi all

Our van is a 2002 model Hobby 750FML which is our third van now. This is the 6 wheel one with the Alko chassis, fixed bed and lots of comfort - our dream for many years and now reality! We learnt what we wanted in this van from owning the two previous ones, so think we have got it pretty much right now. It is a bit non standard being all upholstured in leather and I have added 2 additional leisure batteries, gas tanks, solar panel, inverter, scooter rack (and scooter!) plus many other little modifications to make longer term independance that bit easier.

We downsized home and jobs over 2 years ago now and spent all of 2003 travelling Southern Europe, 5 months of that in Greece. 2004 has been spent rebuilding funds a little, but the ferry is booked for the 6th May this year to start another 4 month trip - this time around the Balkans. Hopefully we will now be able to do 3 or 4 months every year.

Our home is definately where we park it!!

hi name tim and jayne known by kids as fattimmy the thing is i aint fat we got a herald squire ck .one dog a small rotty and she loves the motorhome . last year was a warden on camp site in scotland 4 days on 3 days off toured each weekend and wild camped got lots of sits on west coast just got to get them on web. only had a motorhome since 2003 and we love it.it was so good to find this site .well dun and thankyou to :rolleyes: the one that set it up. yours tim, :rolleyes: jayne, tara [the dog]

Hi everyone
We've had our present motorcaravan for nearly 12 months now. It is a self build LDV Convoy.

Snap,

nearside%20holes_small.JPG

I am just starting a build on an LDV convoy

My exploits are here, for all to see

My Webpage

I have a homebuilt 1992 Renault Trafic 2.1 diesel. I used to have a Swift Kontiki for about 5 years but sold it when the kids grew up, we did without for a year & decided as a short term measure to convert a van into a camper (that was in 1998) Intending to definitely buy a Hymer A class or similar the end of the year or early in 2006 ready for when I retire in March 2006.

Hello from Dublin. Hubby and I are in our mid fifties and changed from caravan to campervan in November. We were very adventurous and flew to Germany, bought a lovely year 2000 ,Knaus Suntraveller, 6 berth, much cheaper than at home and drove to Cherbourg to sail home. Great opportunity to learn the ins and outs of the van. Wild camped all the way! We're booked back to Europe for month of June, hoping to get as far as Lake Garda, where family members may fly in and join us. Any tips or info gratefully received. With luck we also plan to visit Britain in the autumn. I'm trying to get my head around the power supply and we've ordered a 1000 watt inverter. I thought this would allow us to use George Foreman Grill and even microwave, but reading some of the comments it seems not! Ah well. Look forward to further chats and when we find a few good wild camping spots here in Ireland, I'll post them. Slán
Metromary

Hello folks!
I bought a new Trigano Tribute 2.3l Fiat Ducato 15 in October 04 and I'm really pleased with it. My first van. It has enough space for 1/2 people and is small enough to go anywhere, stop anywhere! I've only done a few 3-5 day trips from home in South Devon so far (Cornwall, North Devon, Dartmoor, Exmoor, Warwickshire, Norfolk, Malverns and New Forest) but have had no problem with freezing temperatures! I seem to end up on campsites mostly so far but want to wildcamp more. I think its a confidence thing. But why pay around £10 per night to park on grass when I don't want or need the facilities? Doh!
Having recently taken early retirement at the age of 51 I'm planning to do some longer trips and have booked ferry crossings to Ireland and across the Channel.
See you on the road or at that cosy sleeping spot!
Brian

just want to say a quick "CROESO" to the nebies posting. Glad to have you with us on the site. Hope you enjoy it and get loads of ideas from it. please don't forget to share with us too.
roi

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back