Which motorhome insurance company do you use and why?

It might have been us that suggestd AIB on here some oh 15 years ago or so. anyway I contacted them having over the years in sured our Guesthouse and several other properties with them. The quote was expensive to my surprise and then the agent asked out our post code. I said it covers half the village (which it does) and he got stroppy with me arguing that as an ex postie he "knew every house had it's own postcode". That's when I put the phone down. If I put our PC into a box on decent sites a drop down menu appears with some 30 addresses on it, all covered by the same PC.. ho hum...

It might have been us that suggestd AIB on here some oh 15 years ago or so. anyway I contacted them having over the years in sured our Guesthouse and several other properties with them. The quote was expensive to my surprise and then the agent asked out our post code. I said it covers half the village (which it does) and he got stroppy with me arguing that as an ex postie he "knew every house had it's own postcode". That's when I put the phone down. If I put our PC into a box on decent sites a drop down menu appears with some 30 addresses on it, all covered by the same PC.. ho hum...
I am utterly flabbergasted at a postman thinking every home has their own postcode. A bit like a firefighter thinking water can safely extinguish a chip pan fire, or a doctor telling you covid was spread online. It’s common knowledge that postcodes are for small areas, whole streets, etc. And I would have thought that anyone dealing with addresses in their workplace would have known this. :unsure:

I am utterly flabbergasted at a postman thinking every home has their own postcode. A bit like a firefighter thinking water can safely extinguish a chip pan fire, or a doctor telling you covid was spread online. It’s common knowledge that postcodes are for small areas, whole streets, etc. And I would have thought that anyone dealing with addresses in their workplace would have known this. :unsure:

Our local taxi firm have started asking for the postcodes of your departure and arrival destination.

I said on Saturday (cab from one pub to another) "How the hell am I supposed to know the postcodes" he replied "ask the landlord" - he seriously expected me to ask the landlord of the pub I was in and ring the landlord of the pub I was going to.

I could have googled it on my 'phone of course but then again so could he! I told him to shove it.

Our local taxi firm have started asking for the postcodes of your departure and arrival destination.

I said on Saturday (cab from one pub to another) "How the hell am I supposed to know the postcodes" he replied "ask the landlord" - he seriously expected me to ask the landlord of the pub I was in and ring the landlord of the pub I was going to.

I could have googled it on my 'phone of course but then again so could he! I told him to shove it.

...I should add that the owner of the cab firm 'phoned me a few minutes later, sent me a free cab and said he had told the staff never to ask me for postcodes again.

I use them a lot. :giggle:

I think there is just one postcode for my entire village!
On the other hand, it is so small, all I need for my address to get post is that postcode and the house name :)

At the particular instance in time I was wasting a considerable chunk of my time ringing for quotes AIB came out the most expensive by a considerable amount so this time around I am with Adrian Flux because they were the cheapest I found before losing the will to live whilst phoning around.

i always go for the cheapest simply because there is absolutely no point paying more for a bit of paper that has zero value 365 days later.

I was sending some bike stuff to a forum member some years ago in Southern Ireland and when I asked for his postcode was told he didn’t have one. It’s only Dublin that has them he told me and they aren’t needed where I live as the postman knows everybody and where to leave post if you’re away on holiday.

We did use AIB but found cheaper this year. They also weren't very helpful after our mirror clash in Portugal this year

...I should add that the owner of the cab firm 'phoned me a few minutes later, sent me a free cab and said he had told the staff never to ask me for postcodes again.

I use them a lot. :giggle:
Cab firm owner a wise man

I am told that Mongolia have a novel way of defining addresses. They now use What3Words for all addresses! What a good idea.

Old post I know but AIB for the van, but, the car was with the AA who quoted £550 to renew, went with Churchill for £260, just saying.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back