Which motorhome insurance company do you use and why?

Safeguard for all the reasons already mentioned.
Tried all the others but their prices rocket after the first year " introductory " discounts.
AIB cannot get anywhere near the Safeguard price for an all in policy including breakdown cover.

Been with aib for years great staff and service imho ,even overseas stuff no probs great quotes and even home I s
hope they keep up the great services

Safeguard for me after a bad experience with AIB. Easy to deal with and they do what they promise!

Was with Comfort for a number of years but then their premiums started to go silly.

Never tried any of the aforementioned, used a variety of insurers in the past and usually paid £30 either way of the previous years insurers. We used Aegis last time, this time around, who knows?

AIB. But...

Last year we had 5 insurance policies with other people all drop at renewal, and not by insignificant amounts.

AIB increased it, but did reduce it when I called. If they try the same again this year I'll have to have a look around.

Last edited:
Been with Comfort for quite a few years. Never had to claim touch wood, but their premiums have remained pretty consistent with no major increases. Always seem easy to deal with, don’t use their breakdown cover though. Last time we tried AIB they couldn’t get near our renewal quote.

PS: I’m only replying to Phil’s request on the basis that he tells us what the fish dead or alive poll was about 🤣🤣

Never been with anyone else but Comfort since 2007. I’ve had three call outs with their breakdown cover, a windscreen chip in Spain and needed to add drivers because of an illness in Morocco, and never had so much as a quibble! You can get cheaper, but I’d rather have the re-assurance.

If you have an A class motorhome there is another consideration. One of your biggest risks for claim (which won't be your fault) is a cracked windscreen. Many of the insurers only cover the first £1000 if the screen needs replacement. I am told that the larger Class A windscreens can cost up to £3000. Adrian Flux is one of the few insurers that don't place an upper limit of cover. The chances of receiving a stone chip from the tyre of another vehicle are that much higher with larger windscreens. I have had one but fortunately it was repairable. If your do get a small crack/chip don't delay getting it repaired as it can grow turning a repair into replacement.

I use Principle Insurance. Same price every year over the last 3 years
Supportive.
Happy with the price
Due next month, we will wait and see.

Caravanguard for 9 years may shop around this year ? First class recovery from Kent to Devon when clutch failed.

Which motorhome insurance company do you use and why?

I use AIB insurance because they get me a cheaper deal than other brokers and because of the support they offer our community.

What about you?
After receiving Comfort insurance quote today for this years insurance it is 17.5% higher than our current MH insurance with them... Just had a quote from LV, since we have a car insured with them. The price quoted from LV is considerably less for MH and more of a saving if used on a multi policy with the car, it currently works out around £78 less than Comfort insurance for MH and Car. We have kept with Comfort for years, will do some pondering and see what AIB and Safeguard come back with. Anyone else using LV ?

I use Principle Insurance. Same price every year over the last 3 years
Supportive.
Happy with the price
Due next month, we will wait and see.
BLIMEY!
Increase of 64.2%
Three years with them without having to make a claim

AIB looked after me and gave me a slightly better policy

I think Principle Insurance is trying to offload us with overpriced policies.

BLIMEY!
Increase of 64.2%
Three years with them without having to make a claim

AIB looked after me and gave me a slightly better policy

I think Principle Insurance is trying to offload us with overpriced policies.
As I posted on another thread, many people insurance's are asking for similar increases this year, quite why I don't know.

Like most it went down last year this year it came back up a bit but not silly like previous hikes we change every year regardless as they don't like to reward loyalty.

I previously used Caravan Guard and was happy with their service and prices. However on renewal last year and with the winter trip to Morocco in mind I switched to Saga as they offer green card cover for Morocco on a fully comp basis. The only other motorhome insurer I found who covered Morocco was LV. Perhaps with increasing numbers of Brits heading outside of the Schengen Area on long winter trips, other insurers should consider offering cover in those countries.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back