Where next?

Biggarmac

Looking for interesting places to stop between Coventry and Lincoln. Going to the motorhome show on Thursday 20th Sept. Leaving Coventry on Monday 17th. Where should I spend these three nights?

Kirkby on Bain has a cl site as well as a campsite with fishing lake. Pretty sure there are poi around there too. Great food at the Ebrington Arms which is worth a visit. Often get free air shows as RAF Coningsby is nearby.
Newark on Trent has quite nice castle and river walks. Air museum there too.
Oakham water?

Haven in Maplethorpe has a special offer on - 4 nights starting 17 Sept for £24

(or Filey - convenient to Whitby - 4 nights same dates £20)

Haven in Maplethorpe has a special offer on - 4 nights starting 17 Sept for £24

(or Filey - convenient to Whitby - 4 nights same dates £20)

Thanks for all the replies. Mablethorpe is a bit out of the route. I'm sure the information might be useful to others.

A bit early in the month and a ‘minor’ detour ... we will be in our new house in Combe Martin from 26th September!!!

C&CC site at Woodall Spa for two nights. Its not too expensive for us singles.

its about £6 per night (without hook up) for a single over 60 member (most of us have paid more for a car park with no facilities!

I have just booked for Clacton (£5 per night) and now realise that the site is actually in Jaywick so that will be an experience!

Stopped on a great spot overlooking the River Trent. Large carpark. Me at one end and a fulltimer in a stelth van at the other end. I'd post a picture if I vould figure out how to do it. On POIs as LR.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back