WHERE ARE YOU.

At home and getting the motorhome serviced ready for the MOT next week.

I rang Ribblesdale Autos yesterday and they said they`re still going ahead as normal until they are told not to.

I`ll also tax it as normal then we are good to go when restrictions are lifted and i don`t have to fanny around getting it MOT`d and taxed later along with every other Tom, Dick and Harry if suspensions are put it place like they have done with HGV / Trailer testing.

If they are suspended can you imagine the panic of trying to get them all done because i don`t think they`ll say ........................................

No worries, just get it MOT`d when you next get chance.

At home and getting the motorhome serviced ready for the MOT next week.

I rang Ribblesdale Autos yesterday and they said they`re still going ahead as normal until they are told not to.

I`ll also tax it as normal then we are good to go when restrictions are lifted and i don`t have to fanny around getting it MOT`d and taxed later along with every other Tom, Dick and Harry if suspensions are put it place like they have done with HGV / Trailer testing.

If they are suspended can you imagine the panic of trying to get them all done because i don`t think they`ll say ........................................

No worries, just get it MOT`d when you next get chance.

Can't see the restrictions lifted any time soon Mr Woo, even if they were, would you be welcome at your chosen destination?

I am pretty much resigned to the fact our MH won't be moving this year. May be that I am being overly pessimistic?

I sincerely hope you are making the right decision and I am totally wrong.

Good luck with the MOT, fingers crossed MH flies through.

My dealership Catterick Caravans and the companies other three dealers are all now closed. I had booked the van in for it’s first service in June, but it’s looking doubtful now. I have emailed them asking will this affect the warranty.

Can't see the restrictions lifted any time soon Mr Woo, even if they were, would you be welcome at your chosen destination?

I am pretty much resigned to the fact our MH won't be moving this year. May be that I am being overly pessimistic?

I sincerely hope you are making the right decision and I am totally wrong.

Good luck with the MOT, fingers crossed MH flies through.

I hear where you are coming from Ral however ......................................................

We have the father-in-law to think of who lives on his own is nearly 80 and has Leukemia.

The only other people he has are his brother and sister-in-law who live fairly close but they are both in their 80`s as well so they are self-isolating

If MOT`s are still being done i`m getting mine done so as we have 2 vehicles to use " just in case ".

Heaven forbid that something should happen to the car but if it does we`ll have the motorhome to use if it does. Both vehicles are fully fuelled up.

Similarly i`ll tax it as well then it`s ready to go at a moments notice.

I know there are members on here who will SORN theirs for 1 month if it`s not being used just to save a few quid.

That`s fine, it`s their choice but not mine and i like to keep everything ready to go at the drop of a hat if at all possible

Back home and as I suspected hating every moment . Won’t see Michelle for 12 weeks, to say I am in a bad mood is an understatement couple of jobs to do on the car 🚘...that said bent double this morning . Hospital later then need a shop amongst the hoards ....if this presents less risk to myself and others from what I was doing I’m a chinaman

Back home and as I suspected hating every moment . Won’t see Michelle for 12 weeks, to say I am in a bad mood is an understatement couple of jobs to do on the car 🚘...that said bent double this morning . Hospital later then need a shop amongst the hoards ....if this presents less risk to myself and others from what I was doing I’m a chinaman

Exactly how we feel Andrew, we are definitely at more risk to ourselves and others where we are than where we were. A thousand people could have walked or driven by and they wouldn't have known we were there, unless they had some business there, which was highly unlikely.
Good luck mate.

I’m sorry to hear how this has hit you Andrew, and it does appear that in cases such as yours no-one has been helped by following the advice. Not the same as having someone with you, but remember that you have many good friends in here. We can all at least communicate, a bit like a virtual pub. Imagine how much less communication with others we would have had even 30 years ago.
Stay as safe as you can and stay in touch with us all in here. This is not going to end quickly, but it will end and at that point we’ll appreciate things we once took for granted,

Sat in the graveyard next to my gaff. I watch from my window & when its empty( of living peeps!) I pop out for my daily constitutional. Sitting on a memorial bench in the blazing sunshine, listening to the quiet, its easy to forget about all this £$%^ for a few minutes.
Hope all you good folk are finding a little patch of solace somewhere too...😀🖐

Lovely day here in the Peak District, however if the past is a guide to future performance I suspect it won’t hold for long. I guess this is our POI for the next umpteen months. Just been in the van, it’s warm in there, it might justify its existence as a greenhouse to get the seeds germinated! Hmmm.

Dammit forgot the photo...
92B45F3B-147A-4ED6-BDA1-2E637D1BB684.jpeg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back