WHERE ARE YOU.

Just had text message thru hour ago telling me I am in most vulnerable category and to stay at home for 12 weeks. That’s ok by me, loads of projects to do here and I have a reasonably big garden and greenhouse to escape into, nobody out front and nice view.

Gone to bed with a good book just now and typing this on my phone which only has one like button, no moody smilies :-(
I do like my smilies!

Chins up for the roughest rodeo ride ever.
We’ll get through it folks, stay safe & well! xx
We're doing same Marie, for last couple of weeks already, well no choice now anyway, we've got loads of projects in the garden, hate to be stuck inside when its half decent weather, and round house, son and family moved in so cannot isolate as much as we hoped (With today's news son might not be going to work, fingers crossed, he's just to wait and see what boss says, and his partner is a key worker, but she's pregnant so is being allowed to work from home, now schools have closed we'll be helping with home schooling the granddaughter, thats a new challenge for us!!! I think we'll learn something too, I'm actually enjoying the time at home. Anyway stay safe everyone. xx

Just had text message thru hour ago telling me I am in most vulnerable category and to stay at home for 12 weeks. That’s ok by me, loads of projects to do here and I have a reasonably big garden and greenhouse to escape into, nobody out front and nice view.

Gone to bed with a good book just now and typing this on my phone which only has one like button, no moody smilies :-(
I do like my smilies!

Always best to go to bed with a good book or someone who has read one. ;)

Under virtual house arrest back in the Peak District. Nice new van stuck dropping pound notes on the front drive. At least we should be able to get out for a walk now that last weekends hordes have gone away. Waiting hopefully that our order of grow bags and seeds will turn up. We spent the last two years transforming our garden to be low maintenance to look after itself whilst on our travels... so now we’ve got to spend time in it...there’s nothing left to do.

We have the same problem. Did get a couple of bags of compost and some tomato seeds the other day. Think we may have to go on a soil forage as we have more pots than compost.

I'm digging up some of the pathetic excuse for a lawn and growing extra veg, only problem is, I was slow in getting some manure and the local farm that used to give it for free has given it all away. Now, I can't even get to a garden centre to buy some.

I know, I'll get some off the telly, there's enough shite on there to grow a garden of Eden!
Look for folk with no loo roll.

I'm parked up just off the A1 south of Edinburgh,I pulled in here yesterday due to high winds throwing me all over the road,still quite bad this morning so I'm sticking here till it dies down. On the plus side I'm right beside a cemetery so quiet neighbours and not far to cart me if the worst happens!

Dave, that was perfect timing for sourcing dog food, if I got stopped today, I doubt that would down as essential travel woof woof.
How are you feeling today?

Hi Terry,it was perfect timing wasn't it🐕 no change for me although the paracetamol doesn't seem quite as effective today. I think I just really want to get back to Dorset asap now,just worried what will happen to the dog if things go down hill for me, got people down there that will look after him if needed. I was heading to the spot you suggested but as the wind got so strong I decided it might be a bit exposed,got shelter from trees where I am so not too bad.

Hmmm, not so good health wise, I'm no medical expert but, with little difference now with paracetamol, is this a sign something else increasing? You'll know the right thing to as the day goes on.

Dorset is a bit of a journey, two day I would reckon, hope you get there and take it easy.

I was just watching a nurse in the US saying that many patients seem to have mild symptoms for a week,then the second week it gets a lot worse,I've had it for about a week now so that's made up my mind to get back south rather than meandering back slowly,I'm more worried for the dog than myself.
I'm just trying to decide if I should just go ahead and start driving but this high wind is a worry,have you got it up your way?

Lockdown now here in Thailand (well almost) from Thursday 26th for 1 month plus (end of April)
Curfew No-one to leave their house between 7pm and 7am ( no change for us )
And the usual warnings about travel Etc. The major routes will have police (or army checking).. People NOT allowed to travel back to their home villages from Bangkok for fear of spreading the Virus.
Bangkok has nightly spraying of disinfectant. (and other cities)
But it seems shops/markets will remain open during the day but the 7-11 convenience stores will have their hours curtailed.
This is breaking news so maybe more severe restrictions ?
No doubt PM on TV tonight
Beer & Flour and Milk shopping tomorrow
Fresh pork gets sold by a local delivering from a coolbox on a motorcycle!
Chicken and vegetables in local markets some very small..I doubt that those will close but ?????

Last edited:

I do like my smilies!

At least you have had a definitive answer Marie , dialysis was on the list then swiftly disappeared. Nice on Saturday issued new guidelines slightly ambiguous and no direction from the hospital other than the normal cover your arse dialogue

Any rode up , back to Leeds today first problem motor mover has stopped working changed batt s in remote checked fuses they are ok so it will be interesting getting sorted in the storage ......starting to wish I’d stopped in bed.

no wind here but, sit in a dip and wind not as noticeable until out in the open. The stretch at Torness nuke station is always bad when windy, maybe an idea travel inland away from coast?

understandable your concern for dog, not sure what you can do with this one, probably best to get as far south while your are well enough to do so, I never thought, I could have gave you a 3M mask and some surgical gloves for stops at fuel stations etc.
Keep updating, if things do go pear shape, maybe a member near where you are at the time can offer some kind of support? Cheers

Trouble is that the wind is from the West so going inland probably won't help,think I'm just going to chance it,never know how long the wind will last but I'll keep my speed down.Hopefully fuel will get me close if not right the way South but if I need fuel I'll just use gloves and pay at the pump.

If you are going down the east coast. Morrisons at Boroughbridge is a good place for cheap fuel. Take care.

Yes let's stay positive looked out of the window this morning nice day slept really well no cars in street overnight very very quiet. Now working from home but in on Thursday as it's my turn during lock down.

It appears some people haven't got the patience to wait for a virus to kill them,coming down the A1 sitting on 50 got an artic tailgating for ten miles before pulling out on a straight and forcing oncoming traffic to slow down. Twenty minutes later I come over a hill to find an artic coming at me on my side of the road as he's passing another artic,I gave him the internationally recognized sign for wanker as I hit the brakes to let him back in,the artic driver he'd just passed was waving his arms around obviously upset.
Not much traffic about so people seem to be taking more chances than usual.
Just stopped for a bite and let the dog out for a run around.

Hi Terry,it was perfect timing wasn't it🐕 no change for me although the paracetamol doesn't seem quite as effective today. I think I just really want to get back to Dorset asap now,just worried what will happen to the dog if things go down hill for me, got people down there that will look after him if needed. I was heading to the spot you suggested but as the wind got so strong I decided it might be a bit exposed,got shelter from trees where I am so not too bad.
Hope all works out ok for you, worrisome times.

Made decent progress down the M1,in a layby about 10-15 miles short of Nottingham,is surprisingly busy on the roads down this way,think the dogs had enough for one day,just been walkies and he's come back and crashed out,he can't seem to relax and snooze while travelling,I can!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back