When was the fisrt WC Meet and Who went

Cass

I'm just looking back and thinking when was the 1st Wild Camping .co.uk meet and as far as I can remember it was the Gretna Green Wedding meet then onto Loch Eck, what a few eventful days it was, Is there anyone else still on her that went? it was May 2005, after that it was the Cromford and Hayfield meets, then I took a couple years off the site.

Last edited:
when i joined in 2009 it wasn't a nice place to be, then one day, a lovely lady called Hilary, welcomed me, and stuck up for me when the bullies were around, i arranged a few meets, including the famous ladies meets, but it got too much as the more members attended the more demanding it got.

Ive made some lovely friends from this site, that i am grateful for, however, if the meets subside, which they won't, there is a whole wide world out there and lots and lots and lots of other group meets that are brilliant.

when i joined in 2009 it wasn't a nice place to be, then one day, a lovely lady called Hilary, welcomed me, and stuck up for me when the bullies were around, i arranged a few meets, including the famous ladies meets, but it got too much as the more members attended the more demanding it got.

Ive made some lovely friends from this site, that i am grateful for, however, if the meets subside, which they won't, there is a whole wide world out there and lots and lots and lots of other group meets that are brilliant.

my first meet was meeting you Kimbowbill at brandon with lots of other people, which was nice but i felt welcomed by attending your first girlie meet, and as a single female it was the best introduction to wild camping i could have had. I was disabled (note the was??? as now i dont feel like that.....lol)
I thankyhou and this forum for giving me a belief in myself and my ability,

For everyone that found me a new van when my little bambi blew up, for Robmac that took me all the way to cornwall to pick the new van up, (without payment..i still owe you...lo) To Mr n brown that put up with me for the night on the way home and continued to give me lots of advice and enabled me to find the confidence with my partner to buildl our own van.

I could go on...but....life is too short for me to spend my time on here extolling virtues or arguing the toss....

LIFE IS TOO SHORT live it x

I'm just looking back and thinking when was the 1st Wild Camping .co.uk meet and as far as I can remember it was the Gretna Green Wedding meet then onto Loch Eck, what a few eventful days it was, Is there anyone else still on her that went? it was May 2005, after that it was the Cromford and Hayfield meets, then I took a couple years off the site.

i remember the hayfield meet but about 2006 mabey 2007 just after i had joined ,mind you i only did a flying visit other commitments at the time meant i couldent stay the weekend but i enjoyed my few hours there . the cromford one unfortunately last minute problems with my beddy propshaft bearing caused a miss on that but according to form went down great . mind you i believe there are few members if any left on here that attended those meets .
was it a nice place in those days to be in my oppinion kimbobill, well yes the site had its problems and i beleive at one bit phill was very close to shutting the whole site down because of two or three members personal problems they overspilled onto the forum and all hell broke loose you could say ,but one or two of us maybe helped to persuade phill to persevere well thats how it seemed to me . as for phill that belive you and me put some dam hard work and patience into this forum and many many hours and i belive sank much money out of his own pocket into it also has in my mind received two or three nasty incidents from some members one only a few days or weeks ago on here that frankly i would have put my size 10 pit boots up there jaksies and sent them packing frankly but phill seems to accept there will always be the few that have more mouth than brain of the three i know about the worst one was the abuse he seemed to receive from a certain member or members over the purchase of his latest van . another was the time he attended a meet in i belive his car and i believe was totally ignored by many of the so called forum members on here disgusting in my opinion ,mabey because he dident have a big expensive motor home to brag about and show off to others ,as some on here seem to be highly involved with as for the so called abuse some members throw about on here ,well there more to be pitied than anything ,ha ha ,i have some times made remarks and put posts on i suppose just to wind them up ,and it has seemed to work mostly . anyway ,this is just a few of my obsevations on the site and some of our dear members , i after a few years vanless am looking for another one ,going to be a bit of a search finding the one that suits , realy got to be a bedford idealy prefer a cf1 but the later face lift and cf2 will do but its got to be under three grand as i feel spending many thousands on a van thats got the potential to have more damp than a fish tank a waste , and i can update change or restore the van as i reqire , i also intend doing a few classic veihcle shows/events next summer aswell . anyway enough ramblings from me and i will leave certain menbers to pick over my terrible punctew ation and lowsi spelling . oh i could be perfect at the last two things if i used the magic of this old lappy that cost 35 quid three years ago from crack converters and the internet to correct my spelling ,grammar and that old old favorite punctuation ,as i assume a few do .anyway just a few thourghts on a basicaly exelent forum
as i belive the old saying goes ,just dont let the loonies take over the assylum . have fun .:wave::wave::wave::wave::lol-053:

Last edited by a moderator:
my first meet was meeting you Kimbowbill at brandon with lots of other people, which was nice but i felt welcomed by attending your first girlie meet, and as a single female it was the best introduction to wild camping i could have had. I was disabled (note the was??? as now i dont feel like that.....lol)

For everyone that found me a new van when my little bambi blew up, for Robmac that took me all the way to cornwall to pick the new van up, (without payment..i still owe you...lo) To Mr n brown that put up with me for the night on the way home and continued to give me lots of advice and enabled me to find the confidence with my partner to buildl our own van.

I could go on...but....life is too short for me to spend my time on here extolling virtues or arguing the toss....

I'm sure I first ever met you at ribblehead on the girlie meet, you came along with Jackie, I can remember standing and watching you get everything out of that little bambi and having so much admiration for you. As I was awake at daft o clock I looked through old posts, your first girlie meet was may 2012 Brandon was july

Last edited:
Our first meet Jen was Meadowhall, when i was working the gaff, we had dinner not a hot dog or burger in sight lol

Channa

Your right Mandrake, you also was one of the kinder members, always helpful,

thanks ,i do try but unfortunately can get a little carried away at times ,mind you some of it is somewhat toung in cheek .i wouldent set out to abuse or upset anybody realy ,and to tell the truth have never felt upset/offended at any comment that may have come my way at times . i have had a go back at one or two on here but like to think i havent entered into any nasty remarks realy .

You owe me nothing Sue!

I enjoyed the day out, and you bought me breakfast and have always helped me out whenever you can. Your a good mate.

i remember the hayfield meet but about 2006 mabey 2007 just after i had joined ,mind you i only did a flying visit other commitments at the time meant i couldent stay the weekend but i enjoyed my few hours there . the cromford one unfortunately last minute problems with my beddy propshaft bearing caused a miss on that but according to form went down great . mind you i believe there are few members if any left on here that attended those meets .
was it a nice place in those days to be in my oppinion kimbobill, well yes the site had its problems and i beleive at one bit phill was very close to shutting the whole site down because of two or three members personal problems they overspilled onto the forum and all hell broke loose you could say ,but one or two of us maybe helped to persuade phill to persevere well thats how it seemed to me . as for phill that belive you and me put some dam hard work and patience into this forum and many many hours and i belive sank much money out of his own pocket into it also has in my mind received two or three nasty incidents from some members one only a few days or weeks ago on here that frankly i would have put my size 10 pit boots up there jaksies and sent them packing frankly but phill seems to accept there will always be the few that have more mouth than brain of the three i know about the worst one was the abuse he seemed to receive from a certain member or members over the purchase of his latest van . another was the time he attended a meet in i belive his car and i believe was totally ignored by many of the so called forum members on here disgusting in my opinion ,mabey because he dident have a big expensive motor home to brag about and show off to others ,as some on here seem to be highly involved with as for the so called abuse some members throw about on here ,well there more to be pitied than anything ,ha ha ,i have some times made remarks and put posts on i suppose just to wind them up ,and it has seemed to work mostly . anyway ,this is just a few of my obsevations on the site and some of our dear members , i after a few years vanless am looking for another one ,going to be a bit of a search finding the one that suits , realy got to be a bedford idealy prefer a cf1 but the later face lift and cf2 will do but its got to be under three grand as i feel spending many thousands on a van thats got the potential to have more damp than a fish tank a waste , and i can update change or restore the van as i reqire , i also intend doing a few classic veihcle shows/events next summer aswell . anyway enough ramblings from me and i will leave certain menbers to pick over my terrible punctew ation and lowsi spelling . oh i could be perfect at the last two things if i used the magic of this old lappy that cost 35 quid three years ago from crack converters and the internet to correct my spelling ,grammar and that old old favorite punctuation ,as i assume a few do .anyway just a few thourghts on a basicaly exelent forum
as i belive the old saying goes ,just dont let the loonies take over the assylum . have fun .:wave::wave::wave::wave::lol-053:

Hi, having just read Mandrakes post above, I can only say that 90% of the angst mentioned regarding this forum has completely passed me by.

Yes we have different opinions and occasionally it goes over the top, but just remember the OFF switch is always available.

Dezi :camper::cheers:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back