When cooking wear glasses.

izwozral

Making a chicken curry last night, doing the usual thing of adding a bit of this, a bit of that. About 15 minutes into the cooking time I thought, 'I know, lets add some coconut milk". Dug into the back of the cupboard on the spices and sauces side, grabbed a tin, opened it and poured contents into the pan.

Yikes, it was RICE PUDDING. Within seconds it had sunk to the bottom of the curry dish. Oh well, too late now, lets just finish cooking and see what it tastes like.

Amazing!!! I didn't tell the wife and she said it was one of the best curries I have ever made.

Doh :rolleyes2: must have had my glasses on back to front and read it wrong :scared:

I shall go and stand in the dunces corner immediately :sad:

Last edited:
That's one way of reducing the washing up chore.... Pudding and main course cooked and served together. 1 pan ,2 plates.

My signature dish is liver,bacon, onions,new potatoes, jelly, ice cream. All braised in a red wine,brandy and Rennies sauce.
2 spoons, eat it out of the pan.

Thanks really made me giggle !!! .

channa

P.s I have a vacancy for a sous chef if yer interested, creativity is a rare commodity

Thanks really made me giggle !!! .

channa

P.s I have a vacancy for a sous chef if yer interested, creativity is a rare commodity

Gizza Job?
Having read your posts about being bitten by dogs and various reptiles, I would be scared stiff to be working close to you.. However nice a chap you may be.

Dun catering, 17 years ago and am too fat, idle and old ,to have to worry about work, any more.

Gizza Job?
Having read your posts about being bitten by dogs and various reptiles, I would be scared stiff to be working close to you.. However nice a chap you may be.

Dun catering, 17 years ago and am too fat, idle and old ,to have to worry about work, any more.

I can vouch for Paul on these points, although he is being too modest by not claiming ugly too.

I have copied and pasted to a friend on fb ...found it that funny.....might share the tale later in the restaurant ...you are famous ...don't get carried away though no royalties lad tough market is Yorkshire .

If I put my serious cheffy head on i am not surprised it worked...condensed milk , rice a staple part of some Asian recipes. Sugar is used a lot to sweeten too or jaggeri if you can get hold of it ...The elephant helping in my pals garden loved it ...she was same age as me so we had a special bond ...and no not making it up ...I was her jaggery friend ...(wouldnt want her standing on me flip flops thats for sure

Channa

P.s still laughing

Would anybody take the word of of a joker who puts rice pudding into his curry?
The insolent puppy!

I have given up trying to work it out ..I know of two sisters once were baking an apple pie , dropped it , waste not want not and served it upside down. Their names Tatin....possibly one of the most famous desserts ever, played about with by different chefs over the years but a staple offering on lots of restaurant menus.
channa

specsavers

I thought the prize do do was going to say the whole concoction exploded, and he needed the glasses to stop it getting in his eyes.........steve bristol

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back