What, who, Where, When !!!

Dezi

Now I have no wish to be held up as some far sighted technology genius, but I think
I can see this creating some slight problems in front of the judge..

Well Mlord the wife and me were watching coronation street while going along the motorway and suddenly >>>>>

Dezi

I dont see the point in these if you "must remain engaged". You may as well drive it yourself then. If and when you can simply be a passenger and sit in the back (will there even need to be a front with a steering wheel?), have a beer or surf the internet then it might be something to get excited about but whats the point of them if you have to sit there alert in front of a steering wheel and controls?

My last two Volvos both had a tv that popped up out the dash board and would play all the tv channels. When you started to move it would change to satnav screen.

My last two Volvos both had a tv that popped up out the dash board and would play all the tv channels. When you started to move it would change to satnav screen.
I have a thing on the left which gives me all the world news updates along with whats going on in coronation street/emmerdale, can anyone tell me how to switch this off please.

The other slight technical issue when driving these vehicles
that may, possibly, will create problems is that. -
" Drivers will not be responsible in the event of an accident".
REALLY !!!
Under all circumstances ?

Dezi. :eek:

I suspect that a lot of legislation will need to be changed before driverless cars can be permitted unsupervised on the roads and the person who is to take over should human intervention be required is allowed to even have sight of a TV. If you are supervising a "driverless" car, then it would seem to me that you are "driver in charge" in the same way as a driving instructor is when supervising a learner driver. The whole notion of "driving without due care and attention" would need to be redefined. Also, the Construction and Use Regulations 1986 explicitly forbid watching TV when in charge of a vehicle:
C&U 1986 Para 109(1) said:
No person shall drive, or cause or permit to be driven, a motor vehicle on a road, if the driver is in such a position as to be able to see, whether directly or by reflection, a television receiving apparatus or other cinematographic apparatus ...

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back