What was........

From people that have never had a motorhome is why spend all that money on a motorhome, you could pay for a lot of nights in a hotel for that sort of money

Or even worse..
For that kind of money, you could get a good used caravan and 2nd hand Range Rover.
You could spend some of your savings on a nice campsite at Scarborough.. It has a swimming pool, kid's facilities and bingo in the club bar, nightly

Bit off topic as it was not trivial.

The nicest question I was asked was

When we were parked on a verge and a farmer on a Land Rover passed as we were sitting outside having a glass of wine. He stopped, backed up, so I thought there was going to be adverse comment.

But no - he came back to ask if we would like to go to the farm to park and have water etc. Very nice. I politely thanked him for his generous offer, but said we were fine there.

Not all wildcamping is frowned up and country people can make one welcome.

Geoff

Or even worse..
For that kind of money, you could get a good used caravan and 2nd hand Range Rover.
You could spend some of your savings on a nice campsite at Scarborough.. It has a swimming pool, kid's facilities and bingo in the club bar, nightly

We once did a weekend on a campsite like that, funnily enough it was at Scarborough, I thought I had died and gone to Hell, and it didn’t even have the bar and bingo, or I would have been convinced I had died

We were lunching outside a French supermarket that had closed for lunch.. As they do in the small towns, on Sundays

An English reg car drove up . An embarrassed looking lady got out and asked us when the store would reopen........" Monday afternoon", we replied.
" Can I use your toilet,please ? She said. You can imagine what we felt, inside.

Jenny,begrudgingly agreed.

Then we heard laughter and a whoop from the car. The driver and another couple, in the back , were punching the air.
". Got Yer!"Said the woman.

It turned out they were all ex- motorhomers. They had bet her she couldn't pull it off.

They handed over a nice bottle of white & fizzy and drove off weaving and giggling.

How did you get that down here? Same way I’m gonna get it back out drive it

Or even worse..

Okay not a question but that hit home :) Dare I mention I was thinking of a new caravan and second hand 4x4 before looking at used motorhomes???

Will get my coat haha

Okay not a question but that hit home :) Dare I mention I was thinking of a new caravan and second hand 4x4 before looking at used motorhomes???

Will get my coat haha

If you had bought a tugger, I could have asked you...

" What's your favourite caravan site ? "... Zzzzzzz!

If you had bought a tugger, I could have asked you...

" What's your favourite caravan site ? "... Zzzzzzz!

Well I can answer that one cos I have had vans before :)

Reckon our favourite is Lomond Woods in Balloch, wonderful staff and real friendly, great location for travelling round as well :) Not been there for a few years but will definitely be one in future when we need a pit stop day/night in mh

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back