What is Spanish Snowbirds?

Hi John, I have been wintering in Spain since 2003 and I agree with your comments. I couldn't get away this winter for the obvious reason and I had a bit of a problem getting back last April cancelled ferries etc. I have noticed over the past couple of years quite a lot of the free parking spots have disappeared and there have been more restrictions placed on others. Portugal is always an alternative if you don't mind the state of the roads. Phil.
We gave up the Full timing road life in 2016 and have settled in Darlington. Sold our van to a nice young couple who are now full timing in her. Last report I had they were in Spain this winter.
Health and needing to renew C1 licence was the reason we stopped. Thought of getting a smaller van, but after COVID lockdown we opted to by a Hot Tub instead.

Hi John, I have been wintering in Spain since 2003 and I agree with your comments. I couldn't get away this winter for the obvious reason and I had a bit of a problem getting back last April cancelled ferries etc. I have noticed over the past couple of years quite a lot of the free parking spots have disappeared and there have been more restrictions placed on others. Portugal is always an alternative if you don't mind the state of the roads. Phil.

https://wildcamping.co.uk/threads/new-laws-in-portugal-regarding-rvs-motorhomes-caravans-etc.84719/

We are all planned and booked to get away to Spain on 11/01 next year. due back on the 1/03.

We go via the tunnel and travel the well used western route down to the Spanish border before swinging across to the med coast. After spending 6 weeks or so there we will be returning through the =middle of France.

I am happy to share info on route/sites if anyone else is planning the same.

We are all planned and booked to get away to Spain on 11/01 next year. due back on the 1/03.

We go via the tunnel and travel the well used western route down to the Spanish border before swinging across to the med coast. After spending 6 weeks or so there we will be returning through the =middle of France.

I am happy to share info on route/sites if anyone else is planning the same.
not quite, but you never say no. keep going. diolch. gwilym= ok.pj

We just arrived for 30 days, all that we have left in this 180. Sounds similar except we used dfds multi trip tickets. We will be back before you arrive.

Hi all,

I’m guessing you Snowbirds are aware of this but if not -

“Spain has changed its international travel rules as of this week. Anyone aged 12 or over coming into the country from outside the EU will now need to be fully vaccinated and show a vaccination certificate, colloquially known as the ‘Covid passport’. Before it was enough to have a negative PCR test or to prove you have had coronavirus recently, but now restrictions are being tightened up in the wake of not only the recent mutation of coronavirus, but also rapidly rising infection rates.”

Take care,

Pat

There's covid related paperwork rather than EU/Brexit related paperwork. probably best to check out our Govt website for up to date info on that.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back