What happened to this forum?

dogseal

Ahem..

Not too long ago, It was just a listing of wild camping sites. I've stayed
at some of them..cheers for that.

Now, its exploded into just another forum about heaters, icy weather..
Assorted bumph about B*locks, Really.

Keep it subtle anyway..Camp cheap & wild...Miles from anywhere.

Merry Xmas.

dogseal.

Ahem..

Not too long ago, It was just a listing of wild camping sites. I've stayed
at some of them..cheers for that.

Now, its exploded into just another forum about heaters, icy weather..
Assorted bumph about B*locks, Really.

Keep it subtle anyway..Camp cheap & wild...Miles from anywhere.

Merry Xmas.

dogseal.

I think this site has evolved from "just a listing of wild camping sites"
to a comunity of like minded people.
ok!, you can call it "bumph", but to others,
it is a haven for good advice and very constructive ideas
I, myself have noted some very good wildcamping sites, and some really good advice on this site
"camp cheap and camp wild" is good
but advice from this site, on how best to do it,
is second to none.
please dogseal keep enjoying the site
but let us have our "banter" and comms

Merry xmas sundown

Hi all.

I also checked Dogseals posting history, so I don't think his post was entirely serious, bit of a case of throwing his hat into the ring (to let the dogs fight over it).

If the comments are taken seriously, as I am sure thier are some out there who do feel that way, I fully agree with Nick (sundown) but would add.

What would happen to the forum if it was just a list of wildcamping spots?​

I suspect it would die, as a forum,and become just a list, which would rarely if ever get added to. In effect " would I add my finds to a sterile internet list? Probably not. Am I prepared to share my knowlege with other friendly helpfull like minded people who would do the same for me? Of course I will.

The Trouble with starting along this line of thinking is the other questions that it then prompts:-

Should the wildcamping spot listings be in a restricted access area open only to members?

Should thier be a time limit on member inactivity before membership is withdrawn?

Should all members be required to contribute something?

The list goes on.

Please note, I am not suggesting any of these ideas should be considered or, God forbid, supporting them, but just suggesting that when you start to impose restrictions,things can get out of hand.

I think that it is usualy best to let things take thier natural course.

This site

Obviously every one has there opions,and see things differently.The site is still about wild camping,but it is so freindly and helpful,things have branched out side of camping as well.Surly this is not a bad thing for the site,it keeps every one talking and more new members with more info.I am sure if it was strictly camping it would have not grown and be as good as this.

Obviously every one has there opions,and see things differently.The site is still about wild camping,but it is so freindly and helpful,things have branched out side of camping as well.Surly this is not a bad thing for the site,it keeps every one talking and more new members with more info.I am sure if it was strictly camping it would have not grown and be as good as this.

I second that. Everything said, is getting to know your counterparts, creating a friendship, which in turn brings other folk into the club. I have learnt a lot or had many thoughts confirmed by the lads on this site. Let things take it's own course, it can only be for the good of this site. Just enjoy each others threads, right or wrong. Have fun, life is too short for scoring points. Have a wonderful Christmas and hope everyone of us will have a prosperous forth coming 2008. I am sure we will need it.

No offence meant or intended.

Hi Sundown & Dogseal.:)
I could not have put your (Sundown)comments any better !! :cool:and why should I.:eek:
Well said!
Hi Dogseal.
Having just looked at some of your posts, I cannot see where you are coming from as you have posted advice and recieved advice on other than Wild camping locations:D
This is what the site is about as you have given and recieved and that has got to be good:cool:
Just enjoy!:)

Like I said, no offence meant or intended. I'm all for wild camping...But if you had a camper
& stumbled over this forum perhaps it would put you off..Bung the wild camping spots at the top of the page.

Folks who wildcamp by default are probably skint like me..If you can save a few Quid over
campsite fees it goes towards the fuel bill ...= More trips.

dogseal.

Nuff said. kill it here.

True.

Hi Dogseal.
No offence taken at all, and none meant from me.:eek:
Lots of us don't have money to waste and I think that most of us wildcamp as and when we want to.:cool:
I think that the site is predominantly about wild camping with the add on benefit of advice about all sort of related things.;)
We all do our own thing and there is nothing wrong with that.:cool:
We all enjoy camping in our own ways and this year we spent many more nights wilding than on camp sites.:)
I personally have posted many locations and I have read about many more and that has to be good for everyone.:cool:
We are only talking about one of the things that we love best!:cool:

True ..I've took it in the spirit it was meant...Cheers..I'm with ya'

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back