What does Wild Camping mean to you

wildman

For me traveling is an escape, a getaway from reality or should that be TO reality. No ties and being as self sufficient as one can be these days. Not paying to park at anytime has been an obsession of mine, we pay enough fuel tax and road tax already. Paying for services however is a different kettle of fish. There should be more low price "aires" for travelling people. Traveller yes, no stigma, I have a house but travel for fun. In the normal course of events I do not carry a mobile phone, there is one in the van that is never charged, plugs into the cigarette lighter and still has £4.50 credit out of £5 put on four years ago. I take what I need with me including tools sufficient for a full engine rebuild if needed. I did in fact remove an engine for a complete rebuild and refitted it whilst on site twenty years ago following a broken sump and subsequent engine sieze. So what does wild camping mean to you does it have to be solitary or do you enjoy company?

It has to be solitary. If We need company We can go to a rally or temporary site.
A lot of the places we go to would be spoilt if there was another van there.
When we go on the continent, we stay on a mixture of aires for the services and company, and wild camping for solitude.

It has to be solitary. If We need company We can go to a rally or temporary site.
A lot of the places we go to would be spoilt if there was another van there.
When we go on the continent, we stay on a mixture of aires for the services and company, and wild camping for solitude.

Hear, hear !
How true :cool:

Free choice, and no timetables.
Our clock is darkness or light.

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back