what do you expect...

ajs

... the life of a 13kg propane to be iffin its providing heat, fridge and hot water 24/7 plus cooker / hob at usual times :confused:.. Roughly :cool:

(24ft 6 berth but only 2 in it .. in the winter.. sub zero nights)

go on ...ava guess :D

regards;)
ajs

gas cylinder

AJS
I WOULD SAY AROUND 2 WEEKS.MY SWIFT KONTIKI 645 HOLDS 2 13kg.
Image006.jpg
WOULDNT WANT TO BE STUCK.

economize

... the life of a 13kg propane to be iffin its providing heat, fridge and hot water 24/7 plus cooker / hob at usual times :confused:.. Roughly :cool:
regards;)
ajs

Spending more than 2 months in Scandinavia; we learned to economize. :confused:
The boiler is scarcely used, for washing up we put the kettle on (why heating 10 l if you need only one ?) . From time to time we go to a camping for a good shower.(or have a swim). Heating is only used when really cold; never at night. We also put the fridge off at night. So gas is merely used for cooking and we come along about a month with a bottle.
Also: when it is really hot fridge works best on the lowest stand. To have a better air circulation we had one of these small computerfans on the upper opening.

I think theres a page in the c/c book that tells you the amount any appliance uses..I carry one 13kg and a 7kg for the cadac.

regards;)
ajs

Hi ajs,
I would say around 7-10 days per bottle this time of year. Sub Zero temps.
Only a guess, my heating is off the Diesel so it is a guess, cooking and fridge only on gas. Do we get a prize for the closest guess?;)
Polly's idea sounds great, but don't like a lot of salads this time of year.

Happy Camping

Last edited:

ahhha... well it's all about me knowing nothing so first experience is a test against the norm :rolleyes:
so i'm using you all as a norm yardstick...(sorry folks) :eek:

10 days is about right then...:D

prize... yes.. let me think :confused:

... ahh winner can have a ride on bike pillion :D
(i promise not to exceed 180mph) :eek:

regards;)
aj

ahhha... well it's all about me knowing nothing so first experience is a test against the norm :rolleyes:
so i'm using you all as a norm yardstick...(sorry folks) :eek:

regards;)
aj

:eek:

Bring your own crash helmet.........you'll need it...:D

so i'm using you all as a norm yardstick...(sorry folks)

regards;)
aj

I estimate 6 days constant;), and if I win the prize (180mph pillion:eek:) I will donate it to Rick:p, on our whitehouse farm meet next month:cool:

hi ajs

i have 2 11kg refillable cylinders. each lasts 14 days in southern europe during the winter but not many sub zero nights.

so i reckon 10 days for you cold lovers.

A 13kg bottle lasts us 30-35 nights for Cooking and fridge, The heating is diesel

well the ans is as suggested 10 days... which was a surprise to me... at first i thought i had sprung a leak...:eek:

your all winners :cool: so any of you can have a go on pillion seat as long as you bring along a crash hat.:D

prize to be awarded as and when we bump into each other... (metaphorically):rolleyes:

regards;)
ajs

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back