What constitutes dampness?

Guff666

Our MH has been sitting in storage over the winter. I've just got it back and decided to go over it with a damp meter: mainly after a discussion elsewhere got me wondering.
Mostly I'm getting readings of 1-2%, but in a couple of places this goes up to 15%: including the soft furnishings.
Is this something to worry about, or is it just because it's been laid up?

Sounds ok to me, a good airing and some use will bring the 15% readings down as well (y)

If it's in storage you need to leave cupboard doors open to let air circulate and if you can stand the seat cushions on end and let the air round them. The numbers sound good. When the check our Laika for damp once a year they have a meter that does not have spikes on it. They got fed up of customers complaining about the holes in the panels left by the spikes.

Have a look at this from out and about. They give guideline figures for reference about half way through the item.

Davy

Damp problem
damp.png

I find i can tell a good van by smell, after looking at a lot of motorhomers i think you can get a good idea about condition and obviously having a good look around in the all areas including underneath and roof and if the smell is due to lack of use stale air etc ask, them to give it an air or run out and revisit. But i guess a damp meter is sure indication but i always use my nose and sight first.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back