What cleaner / shampoo do you use for your M/H

TWS

Might sound like a daft question, but can anyone suggest a good cleaning product for cleaning the outside of your M/H, I hate them black water marks. Went to my local caravan dealer and they had dozens of products, just been using TESCO brand car shampoo, but doesnt get them black marks off.

Cheers Tom

Might sound like a daft question, but can anyone suggest a good cleaning product for cleaning the outside of your M/H, I hate them black water marks. Went to my local caravan dealer and they had dozens of products, just been using TESCO brand car shampoo, but doesnt get them black marks off.

Cheers Tom

Try fenwicks motorhome cleaner £3 a litre bottle available from halfords,haven't tried it myself but it claims to remove black streaks,Andy.

tried all sorts to get rid of the black marks to no avail they just keep coming back, wonder if its anything to do with the accumulated crud we dont remove from the roof itself as most vans seem to have realy dirty roofs

i use mainly cold water with a dash of carplan shampo for washing and for the black marks i use any car polish but only where the black marks are
why i bother i dont know
cleaning the van dose not improve the performance or mpg
i supose it is up to you if you need to impress the public with the statement
of how clean or un used your van is

I usually borrow:eek::D a sample of Truck grime remover from work:rolleyes:,this is the stuff you would add to the pressure washer for commercial cleaning. (diluted of course).

With stubborn stains I use G8 rubbing compound ,(available from auto paint outlets;)

Hiya I have heard that a product called Silky is very good. Havent tried it myself but a fellow motorhomer has told me he uses it. Jen

Hiya I have heard that a product called Silky is very good. Havent tried it myself but a fellow motorhomer has told me he uses it. Jen

Tried that one and I found it harder work than car polish, as silky is a paste:D I try to always keep my car clean and I do the same with my van
if I go to France for a couple of weeks I will polish it and while away only clean the inside and outside windows the flies can wait. I have found that because I have polished it the van cleans easier.
The bride says I look after my van better than her not true I only service my van once a year of unlike the bride :D lol

i got a product called vanquish 3 in 1 cleaner for caravans and motorhomes also i got a bottle of black steak remover that works realy well. it also clears the green moss of the roof .got it from from my local caravan leisure shop called reads on the A64 just outside leeds. www.read-caravans .com

Fenwicks 'Bobby Dazzler' for ordinary washes - pretty damn good. BUT for the ultimate clean (gets all the dark runnel marks off perfectly) get hold of Certiman. This is a German product that was recommended to us by a friend and it really is the tops. Whenever we are over there we buy the biggest bottle we can find and hope it lasts till we go again. Buy it at MH accessory shops usually, or the shows. This is the only thing which we find gets all the black marks off and my hubby is a perfectionist. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Last edited:
I have used Mer shampoo and mer wax for nearly 6 years now. They are expensive but the pollish can be applied to a wet vehicle so you don't have to wait or dry off first.......Still get black marks though but they are very easy to remove.

Last edited:
wash

I wish I had time to wash never mind wax my van. On the very rare occassions that it gets abrush and water over it I have found Fenicks (red liquid) good. Latest to get a try was 'Ecover' car wash and wax stuff. As I say a quick brush over, but I was happy with it and it also environmentally friendly. So thats organic bog stuff, 'ecover' washing up liquid and car wash. Just need an organic/eco fuel. Baked beans, perhaps thats the answer!:eek::eek:

Jon

Thanks for all the replys, made a note of the different makes and gonna pay a visit to my local leisure store at the weekend.

Thanks Tom

***** may be right
the problem seemes more apparent on vehicles that have been polished regularly .
i wonder if it is some kind of chemical reaction with the polish and the rubber with the residues affecting the polished surface ?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back