What a shock that was for us this morning!

Millie Master

We are currently on an energy contract with Octopus and pay an £80 monthly fee which covers both gas &electricity.

Our contract comes to an end in mid Nov. and today we had a like for like new contract quote from them for an eye watering £257 per month, or in other words, a 220% increase
😭

Bloody Russians!!!!

We are currently on an energy contract with Octopus and pay an £80 monthly fee which covers both gas &electricity.

Our contract comes to an end in mid Nov. and today we had a like for like new contract quote from them for an eye watering £257 per month, or in other words, a 220% increase
😭

Bloody Russians!!!!
Octopus got my business by saying they could supply my gas & electricity for 59 per month based on my previous years usage. I signed up, then before I had been with them for 2 weeks they sent an email, saying my bill would now have to be 80 per month!
Since then, they have tried to up my standing order nearly every month. I have had numerous conversations with them about it, & still they keep trying to up my bill every time its due. .....

Our energy supplier (Avro) went bust last month and Ofgem switched us to Octopus, who emailed me and told me not to cancel my direct debit (apparently, they can 'seize' this without my agreement 😲 ) and to continue providing meter readings to the Avro website until they've completed the switch. I await the price hike with some dread and pray it'll be nowhere near the £257 they quoted the OP...

Our energy supplier (Avro) went bust last month and Ofgem switched us to Octopus, who emailed me and told me not to cancel my direct debit (apparently, they can 'seize' this without my agreement 😲 ) and to continue providing meter readings to the Avro website until they've completed the switch. I await the price hike with some dread and pray it'll be nowhere near the £257 they quoted the OP...
If not happy go to your bank and stop the direct deb, your money your choice.

😭

Bloody Russians!!!!
Query it there was something on the tv the other day about some switching companies over estimating and a lady on the show queried the price hike and they reduced it think it was Martin Lewis and he suggested you speak to them

Our electricity supplier went bust too (Symbio) and I am just awaiting EON Next to come back to me with their rate offering as they taken over my account. I'm not looking forward to it...

In the short term the standard rate is cheaper, because it is capped until April. I currently pay £100 for a fixed rate agreement but that expires soon. I am being quoted £247 for a 2 year fixed rate deal but they estimate only £138 p.m. for the currently capped variable standard rate. It is a bit of a gamble but I am not planning on taking another fixed rate deal at present. Keeping my options open.

Its clearly not just going to be Gas. Electricity looks like its going upwards and I just checked heating oil and got a quote at 69p a litre (random site on line) I think we filled up before we went away at 39p a litre.

Ill also be looking for a new Electric supplier when we get home as I was also with Symbio but we are not big users of electric. Mainly oil. It is what it is I guess but its going to cripple some people.

Its clearly not just going to be Gas. Electricity looks like its going upwards and I just checked heating oil and got a quote at 69p a litre (random site on line) I think we filled up before we went away at 39p a litre.

Ill also be looking for a new Electric supplier when we get home as I was also with Symbio but we are not big users of electric. Mainly oil. It is what it is I guess but its going to cripple some people.
Got 800 Litres of Oil last November for just under £300.
Got 600 Litres of Oil last week ... £321! Price change from 35p/L to 59p/L in under a year.

Same here Barry - electricity only from them and oil rather than gas..

You'll get shunted across to EON Next as I have. I am awaiting to see what they offer and not switching yet until it comes. I suspect it'll be double what I was paying but then again, there isn't a huge amount of choice at the mo.

I'm not looking forward to getting some oil either. the Oil Club haven't sent their price through for a few weeks now either!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back