What a NIGHTMARE,

ozzy1955

My Rapido had a new clutch fitted and some other minor work done and has now got no oil pressure, it's a 2005 Ducato 2.8jtd.
Mechanic has checked virtually everything, even put a mechanical pressure gauge in line to check still no pressure, oil is moving though.
Taken front of engine off to get to pump but it's a sealed unit.
Problem is Fiat unbelievably do not make any of the parts for this anymore, and can't find any parts at all on line.
It must be one of the most used engines for motorhomes so can't believe there are no parts available.
Struggling to even get a second hand engine. :mad::mad:

Cannot see how fitting a clutch will effect the donkey, unless as i have seen once in an engine the oil lift pipe to pump had corrosion and broke off.
I would after check with with a old school p gauge, after that pull the sump, one thing is any oil spurting out around the bell houseing, some engines have oil gallery blanking plugs there and on the block, was one puntured or damage during box removal & refit, go over it all again.

Cannot see how fitting a clutch will effect the donkey, unless as i have seen once in an engine the oil lift pipe to pump had corrosion and broke off.
I would after check with with a old school p gauge, after that pull the sump, one thing is any oil spurting out around the bell houseing, some engines have oil gallery blanking plugs there and on the block, was one puntured or damage during box removal & refit, go over it all again.
Hi trevskoda
Sump has been removed all clean, oil as new as only had oil change in June last year, will let my mechanic see your post.
Thanks

Coastal motorhomes give them a call
Hi The Laird
Been down and seen them, they gave me a drawing of a lift valve screwed into the pump but they said no parts are available not made any more if it's broke, they did say it probably isn't the actual pump as it's moving oil but no pressure.
Thanks all the same.

??
Hi mistericeman
tried that one does not fit my vehicle, believe you me I've tried loads of companies to no avail.

??
mistericeman
My mechanic has been trying to get in touch with this very one this afternoon, saw another very similar one but did not fit my van.

When I owned commercial vehicles I used these
Years ago they were owned by a local family by me in south wales.
I can't get their site to work so might be best to phone them

When I owned commercial vehicles I used these
Years ago they were owned by a local family by me in south wales.
I can't get their site to work so might be best to phone them
Many thanks I will give them a try.

This is in Sundays auction,it will not be much more than £600, engine is said to be “good” but non runner as immobiliser activated, IMG_1103.png

Back