What’s this for ?

Obanboy666

Tidying out motorhome this morning and removed mattress to give access to vacuum under it.
There is a hatch to give access to a cupboard from above, the lid is hinged and on a damper rod like a car hatch / boot.
Found a magnetic type switch which is made / unmade when the lid is opened. Anyone have an idea what it is for ? No light in cupboard so haven’t a clue. First photo is switch with 2 wires leaving it, second photo shows block on cupboard lid which connects to switch when lid closed.
F9BFD9D3-236B-4EC8-89D1-84F09AADA107.jpeg
6FA2BA72-8B79-40C2-B625-89EA7B3C1C0A.jpeg

If the space can be accessed from outside, is it part of the alarm system?

If the space can be accessed from outside, is it part of the alarm system?
No access from outside and I watched the chap installing the alarm and the only alarm switches fitted where the usual, hab door, bonnet, garage doors etc.
The only thing I can think of is perhaps a light is fitted to a higher spec model but the switch is fitted to all models in the range. Motorhome in for hab service in a week or two so will ask the service engineer.

No access from outside and I watched the chap installing the alarm and the only alarm switches fitted where the usual, hab door, bonnet, garage doors etc.
The only thing I can think of is perhaps a light is fitted to a higher spec model but the switch is fitted to all models in the range. Motorhome in for hab service in a week or two so will ask the service engineer.
Well don’t forget to come back and let us know as some won’t sleep until you do. 😂😂

Tidying out motorhome this morning and removed mattress to give access to vacuum under it.
There is a hatch to give access to a cupboard from above, the lid is hinged and on a damper rod like a car hatch / boot.
Found a magnetic type switch which is made / unmade when the lid is opened. Anyone have an idea what it is for ? No light in cupboard so haven’t a clue. First photo is switch with 2 wires leaving it, second photo shows block on cupboard lid which connects to switch when lid closed.
View attachment 82470View attachment 82471
Is there nothing in the user manual about it?

Well, what a dick I feel like lol !
Switched the control panel on to check something and low and behold the cupboard in question lit up.
On closer inspection the switch is actually a light ! Photo below shows led‘s.
When I was looking at it earlier didn’t have the power on so light wasn’t on when lid open 😜😜😜
2B785A90-3A58-4DAE-B650-F641416BE7FD.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back