We've only gone and done it!

izwozral

Bought ourselves a new motorhome!

It's a Burstner tl Ixeo 680G pretty much the same as this one http://www.cotswoldmotorcaravans.co.uk/vehicles/N2459 Click on the pic for further images.

We picked it up today from Oaktree Motorhomes in Nottingham and I can honestly say they were superb from start to finish - so unlike the majority of MH dealers we have come across. We really can't praise them highly enough
We talked down the asking price by £4k and upped the trade in by another £1k on the bloody awful Bessacarr which I am deliriously happy to get rid of! We also got 3 years RAC warranty which pretty much covers everything, it includes unlimited claims to a maximum of £2k per claim. All in all we got a good deal methinks.

Driving back in the Burstner we have already noticed how much quieter it is and I mean a LOT quieter but for me the biggest advantage is the floor to ceiling garage, it's huge. The bathroom is the full width of the MH and is more than spacious enough to use as a dressing room. We are equally pleased with the space in the kitchen and habitation area I guess it helps that we are a vertically challenged. :)

Some of you may remember on another thread where I stated that I wouldn't have an electric drop down bed after seeing the same model MH where the bed refused to behave. The bed in the new MH has built in easy access to a winding point should it ever need to be raised or lowered manually, this can be done with a drill or with a wheel/key with a hex bit attached. My good neighbor is making the wheel/key for me.

There is a 100w solar panel but it is a sticky-on, stuck to the curved roof section, not ideal. We are looking to uprate the solar capacity fairly soon.

Anyway, you can probably guess that we are reet chuffed with the MH and we will no doubt be begging for advice on various modifications and add on's we have planned.

N.B. To Baz [Molly2] bring your hiking boots, we'll go for a trek around the MH garage.

Last edited:
How very dare you coming to Nottingham and dumping your crap Swift Bolero MH. Mind you I don't blame you in the slightest. We bought one new a few years ago and I got fed up with screwing it back together. I to was glad to see the back of it.

You would be better off buying a cheap battery powered drill for the bed. Using the key method could take you half an hour its slow slow progress as you are turning the electric motor by hand.

Bought ourselves a new motorhome!

It's a Burstner tl Ixeo 680G pretty much the same as this one http://www.cotswoldmotorcaravans.co.uk/vehicles/N2459 Click on the pic for further images.

We picked it up today from Oaktree Motorhomes in Nottingham and I can honestly say they were superb from start to finish - so unlike the majority of MH dealers we have come across. We really can't praise them highly enough
We talked down the asking price by £4k and upped the trade in by another £1k on the bloody awful Bessacarr which I am deliriously happy to get rid of! We also got 3 years RAC warranty which pretty much covers everything, it includes unlimited claims to a maximum of £2k per claim. All in all we got a good deal methinks.

Driving back in the Burstner we have already noticed how much quieter it is and I mean a LOT quieter but for me the biggest advantage is the floor to ceiling garage, it's huge. The bathroom is the full width of the MH and is more than spacious enough to use as a dressing room. We are equally pleased with the space in the kitchen and habitation area I guess it helps that we are a vertically challenged. :)

Some of you may remember on another thread where I stated that I wouldn't have an electric drop down bed after seeing the same model MH where the bed refused to behave. The bed in the new MH has built in easy access to a winding point should it ever need to be raised or lowered manually, this can be done with a drill or with a wheel/key with a hex bit attached. My good neighbor is making the wheel/key for me.

There is a 100w solar panel but it is a sticky-on, stuck to the curved roof section, not ideal. We are looking to uprate the solar capacity fairly soon.

Anyway, you can probably guess that we are reet chuffed with the MH and we will no doubt be begging for advice on various modifications and add on's we have planned.

N.B. To Baz [Molly2] bring your hiking boots, we'll go for a trek around the MH garage.
You sound like a happy bunny , I got garage envy . wish I had room for lots if junk .

Glad to hear you got shot of that Bessacarr at last. Looks like we are stuck with ours for now, can’t find anything else acceptable that fits on our 5.7m drive. Mind you I always thought they made a mistake increasing the overhang on the later models, it just doesn’t work in a rear kitchen models with all the weight at the back. And like all new vans the build quality goes down and down. Hope you enjoy the Bursner.

What happens if the bed goes up during the night?
I've visions of being squeezed against the ceiling.....
Where did I put that friggin key?

Seriously though.....hope you enjoy your new van.

Knew you would get something else sooner rather than later. You have somewhere to hide from IZ now when she gets cross with you :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Don't fill it with crap too quickly.
Looks a good layout, enjoy.

Super looking bit of kit, Ral..
You'll have to smarten yourself up now, too.
We hope you'll have wonderful adventures in it.
How many boxes of Yorkshire Tea bags and Jars of Marmite will fit in the garage, should you ever find yourselves down here ?

Glad to hear you got shot of that Bessacarr at last. Looks like we are stuck with ours for now, can’t find anything else acceptable that fits on our 5.7m drive. Mind you I always thought they made a mistake increasing the overhang on the later models, it just doesn’t work in a rear kitchen models with all the weight at the back. And like all new vans the build quality goes down and down. Hope you enjoy the Bursner.
And I thought I was the only one with with a 5.7 m drive

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back