Wet Windy in Caister

QFour

It's very wet and windy at the moment. Forcast is for gale force winds tonight. Old Hall Hotel is great. Just been for a swim in the pool. Breakfast this morning was great. Really enjoyed it. EHU so no problems with batteries. Walk along a very windy beach this morning with SWMBO and Meg the dog.

So Happy New Year from Caister

Last edited:
It's good over there isn't it, we've been a few times but we all ways seem to have to much to drink the first night and need the next to recover. Weather is about the same Here at Whitwell Station.

Last edited:
Left Alicante lovely sunny and warm now in Madrid wet and cold. cant win them all :lol-049::lol-049::lol-049:

We certainly did, you can't beat hook up for a fiver a pub restaurant and health club and lovely friendly owners Chris Moira and our fav waitress Porsha :)

Suffering with cabin fever, so am thinking of taking a trundle up there next week (hope the weather improves in the meantime!) Glad to hear that there is ehu as my space heater is not working and I hate being cold!

Thought I might take a mosey on to were Fulltimer is at the moment, for a look see too! Whitwell Station isn't it? Wonder if there is ehu there and how much if so. Me thinks it's time to talk to my friend google! :D

No intention of moving yet, just just been having a drink with Paul & Penny (flyby /Penny13) who are here at the moment,

Will do if I see them before I head off to work, doesn't seem to be a lot of life over in Penny's van at the moment.

What a great week . Caister is a brilliant stop but they are thinking of stopping the FREE first night because MH's are stopping and not using the Bar / Restaurant . They have also been unplugging MH's who just stay and pay a £5 a night. They are providing a service and they do expect you to have a beer and a meal. Breakfast is first class with as much coffee and orange juice as you want and a great FULL English for a £5 a head. Evening meal was delicious and could not be faulted. You can park anywhere along the front in Great Yarmouth but we did think it was a little lacking in Christmas Decorations. The Pantomime was good fun. Amateur Dramatics. Oh yes it was ..... Worked our way round the coast on the way home with a stop at Blackney and Wells today. Lots of damage to sea defenses at Blackney and car parks at Salt Houses and Cley still cut off with roads under water.

A bit of a shame about the free first night but it wouldn't put us off, it's great place for a weekend getaway for us without much travelling, just a pity some tight sods have seen fit to abuse Chris and Moira's hospitality .

This really gets my goat! :mad2::mad1:

Yet once again an inconsiderate few have spoiled it for others. Why the hell don't they think .................... Aaargh but this really .............

I think I better go and lie down in a dark room!:mad2:

Caister is a brilliant stop but they are thinking of stopping the FREE first night because MH's are stopping and not using the Bar / Restaurant . They have also been unplugging MH's who just stay and pay a £5 a night.

I don't blame them - those people are just taking the p*ss:mad2:
I doubt it applies to any of us, judging by the amounts we spent in the bar and restaurant at the 1st Birthday Meet
drunk-irish-048.gif

😃 hello Sharon on my way back to Wales via friends and family 😀
Great trip Caister and Whitwell if you see our fav waitress at Caister say hi ( Porsha )
Jan Mark we enjoyed our stay great to see you both 😀
Sharon Brandon is a good stop Paul knows details rough pub in a nice way ;) good little town to stop in ...

Penny did you really mean Sharon or me, Kath? :D Sorry I missed you, if I had realised in time I would have come over! Even if only for a short time. I know Brandon well - I only live 15 miles away!

Hopefully will catch you somewhere along the line in the not too far distant future! The food in the pub (The Ram) at Brandon is good and not expensive either - well good by the standards of my cooking at any rate! :tongue:

You two travel safel safe! All the best.

�� hello Sharon on my way back to Wales via friends and family ��
Great trip Caister and Whitwell if you see our fav waitress at Caister say hi ( Porsha )
Jan Mark we enjoyed our stay great to see you both ��
Sharon Brandon is a good stop Paul knows details rough pub in a nice way ;) good little town to stop in ...

yep good to see you both again as for The Ram that's my type of pub, I'd call it traditional ;)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back