Wet Logs Banned

Who burns wet logs ?
They smoke like hell, burn poorly, loads of crap goes up chimney which potentially can catch fire and much less heat emitted.
I usually burn smokeless nuggets in my 2 stoves @ £6.50 per 25 kg bag. Any wet recently felled Wood i get is put into my wood store for at least a year to ensure it’s air dried and ok for burning.

About time they banned sale of wet wood. They should also ban the practice of describing loose stacked wood as a volume. Loose stacked wood sold as a metre cubed usually turns out to be about 0.6 of a metre cubed when it's neatly stacked in the woodshed.

We have had Multifuel stoves for decades, and before that open fires, this will have zero effect on us as we only burn smokeless and our own sourced seasoned wood. However I know several people who burn all sorts of crap on their fires, quite how the legislation will be able to halt this I don't know.

We've recently found a supplier of well seasoned timber, mainly Ash which ironically will be turned into ash. It's fantastic stuff and a good price. He tells me that there will be a good supply for many years to come.

We also have a whole load of kiln dried pine from our business to use as kindling so we're pretty much sorted.

I've just bought a second woodburner for my man cave in the garden so I might move in there!

Oh dear I have about 2 tons of coal and a huge wood store filled with mixed logs and scrap wood old wardrobes tables chairs and 4x2 3x2 4x4 scrap timber and usually winter here in Spain what will I do, another worry hee hee. I also have gas central heating but that is rarely needed.

Could not be ar-ed with wood or coal,who cleans it and fills it,oil easy just set the temp stat and it takes care of its self leaving me to come and go as i please,two oil fills a year.

If Guido Fawkes had done a proper job we would not have needed an annual bonfire to celebrate his demise wet wood tree branches old pallets a few tyres etc, what will happen to that lot now?

I’m pleased to see that something is being done about this. I’ve spent several years trying to detox from being poisoned at work, but know that a nearby wood-burner is polluting the air at home. My white van is covered in black specks from it within a week of being parked.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back