Well, I'm immobilised...

Totally agree. Most of it is gimmicky. Why do I need an immobiliser in a Hyundai anyway? Who's going to be daft enough to nick it? šŸ¤£ Thankfully everything else in that stupid little car is boggy basic. Ive had it five years now and it refuses to die!

Same with Julie's Peugeot 207 Barry, she won't part with it.

I've been trying to kill it for years but it keeps plodding on.

Same with Julie's Peugeot 207 Barry, she won't part with it.

I've been trying to kill it for years but it keeps plodding on.

I Take the pish out of my i10 but its actually the ideal car for round here. Its like a little "Borrowers" Car. Very narrow and short. You can fling it round the little country lanes or narrow back streets of Richmond or Barney very easily whereas the massive Chelsea Tractors which are now the size of a motorhome get stuck or are Ā£$%^ scared of scratching their paint on the hedges and stone walls.

Im thinking of "Steam Punking" it. Did this design yesterday. :D

a workmate just had this issue. I know this may sound obvious but it turned out the earth strap to the engine had corroded and snapped. Couldnā€™t see it as it was hidden. New strap fitted and started straight up:)
Reminds me when I was running a little garage. A customer came in and said the engine sometimes coughs and splutters when starting. It was a small Ford, and this would have been 1972. The chassis-to-engine strap had sheared. I got a colleague to operate the starter while I looked under the bonnet. The metal rod mechanism joining the accelerator pedal to the carburettor was sparking like it was November 5th. The joints were adjacent to the carburettor. I shouted turn it off quick and ran away. All the starter current was running through the accelerator operating rods. A new earth strap restored normal operation. For a Ford, that is. i.e. "see you next week then".

Reminds me when I was running a little garage. A customer came in and said the engine sometimes coughs and splutters when starting. It was a small Ford, and this would have been 1972. The chassis-to-engine strap had sheared. I got a colleague to operate the starter while I looked under the bonnet. The metal rod mechanism joining the accelerator pedal to the carburettor was sparking like it was November 5th. The joints were adjacent to the carburettor. I shouted turn it off quick and ran away. All the starter current was running through the accelerator operating rods. A new earth strap restored normal operation. For a Ford, that is. i.e. "see you next week then".
I met a man recently with a beautiful TR6. He was giving it a kerbside service prior to a trip to France for a rally.

In the course of conversation he told me that a while back it caught fire. Thankfully it was not a total loss.

The fire occurred because of a poor engine earth, the engine subsequently earthing itself through the choke cable. Until there was a slight fuel pipe leak that is!

Yep too much gadgetry on vehicles today.
I hate immobilizers . I had an issue on my Vitara years ago. It ran fine when warmed up but but for the first half hour or so whilst driving it would suddenly cut the engine very often just as about to set off at traffic lights or in the middle of a cross roads. I believe I had it cut out in the end . A total bloody pain in the arse.

Those were the good old days, when you could lift the bonnet and fix them with a lump hammer, of cause back then you would be under the bonnet fixing them every week. šŸ˜œ
Ford yes but not one of these, proper car.
first 100 skoda.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back