wedding invite

8 days and it is finally sorted out.

the pig roast is off.

apparently it takes a full day to roast the pig and it is 5 hours from gretna to the field which turns out not to be a field but a very special area, a small penninsular near a place called Low Stillaig.
It is a stunning place and on a sea loch on the sound of Bute with a view over to the isle of Arran and the mull of Kintyre.
there are sheep and lambs around so dogs will have to be kept on a lead and we will have to be careful with litter but bags will be provided
we will have some barbies and i will bring some things to barbie. the ceilidh crew are geared up and looking forward to performing there [and drinking]. it is the wildest of wild camping.
there will be a huge bonfire to keep us bums warmed.
It is miles from anywhere so we can make as much noise as we like.
I have the route and location on autoroute 2001 for anyone that wants it. send me an e-mail
roi
you will have to send direct as e-mails from the site do notr have your retrn address on and I can't attach from the site
team-x @supanet.com

Hi Roi,
How's your feet? (getting cold?)

Joking apart, I wish you and Michelle all the very best wishes for next weekend and have a great party as well.

I'm only sorry we can't get there, I do like an excuse for a drink but my better half knows me too well.

Draaiorgel,
Ian

she's hidden the van keys so i can't leggit.
all now organised but some news for those going.
WE HAVE OUR OWN ISLAND FOR THE WEEKEND.
it is called aeileen aoidhe. and the route is
M74, M8 over the Erskine bridge [pit stop fuel and water].A 82 to Tarbet. left on A 83 left on to A815 to Creggans inn. A 856 and then local roads to the island.
it is connected full time by a narrow track which does not submerge and all dogs must be kept on a lead due to sheep and lambs.
a bonfire will be lit at 4 and I've got a load of stuff to barbie.

the island is the upside down mushroom shaped bit below portavaidie and almost opposite the isle of Mull Tarbet .
should take us 4 hrs from gretna and the ceilidh lot will be there to entertain.

Hi All,

What a great time we had with just the odd hickup or two :D Ill let Roi tell the story as im sure hell do a better job than me, will post a pic of the happy couple soon.

Can I thank everyone on the trip for your help and support dont know what id done wiithout you thanks, cant wait till the next one!!!

Cass :D

as I haven't had many takers in the upcoming events i thought i would put it here.
me and the other half are tying the noose next May 28th.
any and all are invited
we are getting a field sorted at Gretna for the friday night
tie the noose next am at the old blacksmiths and then leave for Loch Eck where there will be another field provided.
there we will have a pig roast and ceileidh which will go on until whenever.
a ceileidh is a celtic P*** up with people playing instruments and singing and dancing. notyhing organised just fun
we hope to meet some of u lot there and put faces to the names
cost of the weekend £0
bring your own booze (*bar wanted to charge 15% on drinks and charge me for coming out there too. told them to bog off we'd bring our own)
please let me have an idea if u can make it so i can organise pigs. dont fancy chasing them round the fields and those damn haggis move faster than me these days.

It appears that I was wrong :( :(as this looks like the first wildcamping meet.:cool:
I was wrong
I was wrong
I was wrong
Is thet ok Cas?:D

Well almost the actual meet is the gretna meet, thats the lead upto it but ill let you off with that :D

Well almost the actual meet is the gretna meet, thats the lead upto it but ill let you off with that :D

Never mind, at least I do try to get meets going.:D:D
Sounded very good with a pig roast:D

It was good, but a long way and had to drive the last 80 miles or so miles in the rain with no windcreen but a after a bottle of wine that didnt seem to matter:D nor did the fact I had a flat tyre and no spare :D

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back