Webasto Diesel Hob

Nemos Dad

Free Member
I have seen a van that has Webasto Diesel heating and Hob. Anyone got any experience of these? Using diesel rather than gas seems a really good idea, especially in terms of safety, but are they any good and easy to use?

Ignore, the fridges aren't diesel :(
Diesel fridges as well they do, interesting

Last edited:
I can't recall where I read it (It was on one of the Forums I use) where someone fitted a Diesel Hob and it absolutely stunk. From my recollection, the guy had a pretty good conversion so I assumed he also knew how to install the hob right as well, so it seemed to be a characteristic of that type of fuel?

Just throwing in that second-hand observation :beer:

I can't recall where I read it (It was on one of the Forums I use) where someone fitted a Diesel Hob and it absolutely stunk. From my recollection, the guy had a pretty good conversion so I assumed he also knew how to install the hob right as well, so it seemed to be a characteristic of that type of fuel?

Just throwing in that second-hand observation :beer:

The Wallas ones are sealed combustion.... Draw combustion air from living space and exhaust outside
(theory is it helps keep condensation levels down by circulating air)

Painfully expensive( nearly £3000 for oven/two burner) but then they can be, used for heating too, even without the additional £300 blower lid....

Mainly the realms of folks with more brass than sense lol.

I had a origo meths cooker on my boat downside it was only a 2 burner .it was a great cooker ideal for a small self build .

We have the cooktop installed in the OKA and Betty finds it OK. One downside apart from the high purchase cost is that ours broke after less than a year use, and just the replacement control board cost AU$600. I had to pull it all out and replace it and the service agent was so embarrassed by the extortionate price that he did his part of the repair for free.

There are quicker, quieter and certainly cheaper methods of cooking your baked beans.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back