Weardale v Teesdale

lenny

Off to the wilds of Weardale and Teesdale this weekend;), I,ve been hovering over the area using "Multimap" ariel mode and think I've found a couple of secluded spots to explore (anyone else use this method).
I will be taking my youngest lad and his 2 mates with their mountain bikes and Jack (My trusty hound),so once I let them off on their bikes,that should keep them occupied all day ,so me and Jack can set off and practice our survival skills:eek::rolleyes::cool:

Anyone else in the area this weekend?;)

Weardale and Teasdale

Have a great weekend Lenny spare a thought for those of us who are working,never mind will get my chance weekend after.Look forward to some photos and mind the new carpet:eek:Andy.

Have a great weekend Lenny spare a thought for those of us who are working,never mind will get my chance weekend after.Look forward to some photos and mind the new carpet:eek:Andy.

Cheers ,Andy, my heart bleeds for you:p, having to work(just think of the dosh)
BTW It,s Mind the new Vinyl:rolleyes::cool::p

Off to the wilds of Weardale and Teesdale this weekend;), I,ve been hovering over the area using "Multimap" ariel mode and think I've found a couple of secluded spots to explore (anyone else use this method).
I will be taking my youngest lad and his 2 mates with their mountain bikes and Jack (My trusty hound),so once I let them off on their bikes,that should keep them occupied all day ,so me and Jack can set off and practice our survival skills:eek::rolleyes:

Anyone else in the area this weekend?;)

Watch out for the mushrooms :confused: if you intend eating whatever you can find!!! :eek: Just wondering.........does this include 'roadkill?' :p Or is it whatever Jack can catch? :D :D :D JIM.

BtW, we are off to the south for a couple of weeks, so not near you, sorry!!

Have a good time Lenny, and remember if Jack don't catch enough Rabbits to keep you fed you can always eat him to survive.:eek:

Have a good time Lenny, and remember if Jack don't catch enough Rabbits to keep you fed you can always eat him to survive.:eek:

LOL:D,The only things Jack are likely to catch is fleas and distemper:eek::D

enjoy Lenny don't think you would survive long on Jacks body weight.
not a scrap of fat on him, he never stays still!

weez
tony

weekend cut short

Our weekend in Weardale ended prematurely as my youngest son, Connor had a nasty accident this morning whilst tackling the down hill stretch at Hamsterley Forest on his mountainbike.
He,s fractured his collarbone and wrist and was badly shocked by the tumble.
Because of the rough terrain,he had to be airlifted to North Tees hospital in the air ambulance which landed in the nearby carpark.
Fortunately he's at home and comfortable now (until the morphine wears off)and on the road to recovery.
Full marks go to the Forrestry workers present, The Air ambulance crew ,and the NHS in Stockton for a very proffesional job done on the day.

Plus points.... Connor enjoyed his first trip in a helicopter:rolleyes:

and we found a great new sleepyspot last night on the edge of the forest.;)

Our weekend in Weardale ended prematurely as my youngest son, Connor had a nasty accident this morning whilst tackling the down hill stretch at Hamsterley Forest on his mountainbike.
He,s fractured his collarbone and wrist and was badly shocked by the tumble.
Because of the rough terrain,he had to be airlifted to North Tees hospital in the air ambulance which landed in the nearby carpark.
Fortunately he's at home and comfortable now (until the morphine wears off)and on the road to recovery.
Full marks go to the Forrestry workers present, The Air ambulance crew ,and the NHS in Stockton for a very proffesional job done on the day.

Plus points.... Connor enjoyed his first trip in a helicopter:rolleyes:

and we found a great new sleepyspot last night on the edge of the forest.;)
Dreary to hear your weekend ended that way, Lenny. :eek: I hope Connor will be OK. Best wishes for his recovery,
Leo

Sorry to here that Lenny but iam glad it was not life threatening.:eek:
Hope your lad has a speedy recovery;)

Sorry to hear the bad news lenny, good to seee however your lad enjoyed his trip in the helicopter

Sorry to hear the bad news lenny, good to seee however your lad enjoyed his trip in the helicopter

Thanks,Walkers, he reckons he saw the van as he passed above me winging my way to the hospital:).
Thanks Leo and Trev for the kind comments:)

yes lenny hope he goes on ok and soon up and about

Cheers Graham,I,m sure he will be, I,m just a little worried they let him out so soon,I thought they should have kept him in over the weekend,if only to offer pain management.

Weardale vTeasdale

Sorry to hear your news Lenny never want to see any get hurt doing something they enjoy so much,hope it doesn't put Connor off.Wouldn't want to be bounced down a forestry track in an ambulance myself so a helicopter would be more comfortable not that he would remember much about it.Heres wishing your lad a speedy recovery,Andy.

biker

lenny
sorry to here about the spill, I am sure he will bounce back ok.
good wishes to him from all the family

weez
Tony

Thanks again all for your kind response,must admit I was a little worried about him last nightas he looked so uncomfortable,but he has perked up today with visits from most of his friends,2 girls,even:eek::D. We take him to our own hospital in the morning to get more x-rays and his pot changed for a removable one.
Hers a snap of his two mates,Ross and David (who were so jealous they couldnt ride in the chopper) posing with the helicopter whilst Connor was being moved up to it.

13092008246.jpg

GNAAS are from now on the charity of my choice;):)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back