Weaco fridge problem

Grouper

Free Member
Hello

Any hell would be really appreciated!

I have a Waeco cr50 fridge fitted, it seems to work perfectly for several hours only firing up the compressor once an hour maybe to keep to temperature. Then all of a sudden the red light will start flashing 5 times, signalling overworked compressor etc. This seems to happen randomly, the fridge will be cold and the ice box working perfectly.
Is the a fix for this has anyone encountered the problem, it seems such a shame to have to replace when its actually working really well other than this!
Cheers Tim

Hello

Any hell would be really appreciated!

I have a Waeco cr50 fridge fitted, it seems to work perfectly for several hours only firing up the compressor once an hour maybe to keep to temperature. Then all of a sudden the red light will start flashing 5 times, signalling overworked compressor etc. This seems to happen randomly, the fridge will be cold and the ice box working perfectly.
Is the a fix for this has anyone encountered the problem, it seems such a shame to have to replace when its actually working really well other than this!
Cheers Tim
How's airflow around it...
Has it just started doing it since the warmer weather
Is the fan running (if its a model with a circulation fan)

The airflow is a bit limited due to location, its in a converted T5 (this was my first thought)
Yes it does seem worse in this warmer weather.
Yes the fan runs all ok.
Some times it seems to go several hours all ok other times only half an hour maybe.

Im just after any tips on how i could resolve.
Many thanks

Mine is an older 110ltr model, only time I have seen a red light is when battery is too low. Not sure if mine actually flashes sequences or not, only see it if it’s dark.

The airflow is a bit limited due to location, its in a converted T5 (this was my first thought)
Yes it does seem worse in this warmer weather.
Yes the fan runs all ok.
Some times it seems to go several hours all ok other times only half an hour maybe.

Im just after any tips on how i could resolve.
Many thanks
Hi, How is it vented? Is it vented to external air and what size vent if it is. Do you have a fan fitted? Do you get the fault in the morning after running during a cooler night?

It is not vented externally and doesn't seem any different in the shade, if fridge is set on level 3 it seems to work ok for a while, but any slight increase and the fault light comes up.
I think there is definitely some kind of fault as i tried last night, in the shade and it was cooler.

I assume it has some sort of external finning, maybe worth looking at that to see if it is blocked or clogged.

I would say the fridge is basically faulty. There is likely an electrical/electronic component that is failing when it gets hot. Adding extra cooling will probably help delay the point where it fails permanently but it almost certainly will. You could get lucky and it may be a dry joint on the board which would be fairly simple to fix with a soldering iron.
The Weaco Compressor fridges need no venting and will run in high temps (my CRX used to get to over 50C at the back) but providing some airflow will allow the fridge to run more efficiently generally.

2A03CFF7-AF92-4A64-9115-485DCC2FD870.png
A5421C21-E971-4D4B-B861-EC4C01B6B832.png
Waeco fridges do need cold air (ambient) and hot air (escape) ventilation access points. See att.

The fridge is installed in a T5.1 fully converted, the fit out is very standard. The fault seems to occur well before you would expect the frodge to be hot. So i think yes there is a fault somewhere, its just knowing where !?

Really appreciate all your help!

Airflow is always good :) When people say "Venting" in motorhome land, they tend to refer to external ventilation (which compressor fridges don't require) :)

Could a grill be put under the front about 50mm high, and possibly vent out of the back of the worktop or even the side into a cupboard space or void?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back