we are not polluting !

Think back to when all this talk of global warming started. If you remember Maggie, that was when. She started it off when offering grants to those who would do research into the matter. and low and behold every scientist applied under the heading of "Global Warming" and received the grant. Of cause the response came back as true and factual. But there are as many Scientist who say poppy-cock as there are thatscream doomsday.

Its an excuse for RED KEN to up the taxes for vehicles in London.
Its an excuse for the Government to up fuel taxes.

We all have a right to our own oppinion, You have yours, I will have mine.

I wont force mine onto you, dont force yours on me.

I assume you greenies will all be selling your fuel thirsty campers and going in for the green car (I dont think so).

Did you know that the hottest year was 18xx cant remember the exact datebut it was 15 years before the first vehicle came onto the road.
What caused that?
BULLSxxT I assume.

Don
to calculate the rise in sea level half fill a bucket with water then add a handfull of ice cubes the ice cubes reposent the ice cap as it is floating and wait till they melt,
i dont see much of a rise in the water level,
simple logic to me ile say no more on this matter as its getting to personal
we all have differing opinions so we all think we are right

It is a fact. The climate is changing quite significantly. But the earth has gone through periods of climate change in the past. The problem is noone can predict exactly what will happen and therefore it's safer to cut back on emissions and maintain the status quo.
I completely agree with you all. Climate is changing. But how much % is due to human interference ? Just give you a few exemples from Flanders. Between the 11th > 14th centuries we had vineyards around here (see names as 'Wijnendale, Wijnegem...), this was a warming-up period (not to many cars in those days :D). And in the 16th century they held markets on the froozen river Scheldt in Antwerp. A mini ice-age! Human interference=O. :rolleyes:
OK human interference plays a (minor)role in the global warming up; but it is not the major factor, of course it has something to do with it (but how much ?).I think the burning of forests in Borneo or the Amazonas have more to do than our diesel-engines in the CO2 outcast. We have known warmer and cooler periods This is a 'normal' evolution of the earth.
I'm against the hype some politicians are 'promoting' this (an Unconviniand Thruth...) just to give us a 'guild-feeling' about it to pay it off with taxes ...
(against the grain ? sorry can't help, it I'm belgian!):rolleyes:

I agree with this I think the burning of forests in Borneo or the Amazonas have more to do than our diesel-engines in the CO2

Its Not My Fault

:(Of course the burning of the rainforests, the bush fires in Australia, the ash from volcano's. All these things aggravate the problem but that does not mean we can just carry on in our old (lets use up all the oil reserves and other resources now) and take the attitude that because something is a bigger problem we can all sit back and say well ( ITS NOT MY FAULT ) so I'll just do nothing and leave the mess to every one else, blame the yanks or blame the Chinese, as I said that is just avoiding a responsibility to do our bit, which unfortunately we all have to do..... And as for us ( greenies) giving up our M/H's for something else. I chose to be a motor homer because I had done some homework and found out about its low carbon footprint (when compared to other forms of holiday using a vehicle) so I gave up flying, and will never again unless it is a life or death decision. When I am on site I walk, Cycle or catch public transport to do my visiting, trying to shop locally and supporting local business and by doing these little, tiny, insignificant actions, I am making a small contribution to easing my pollution of this planet, together with how I lead my life at home, having an allotment, recycling as much as I can, refusing plastic bags, checking air miles on food bought in supermarkets. I know lots of people will chuckle and scoff but at least you now know that the more I do, the less others will have to. You could call it offsetting if you like but I am sure as hell going to keep doing it and trying until hell freezes over ( unlikely) to persuade others to do the same.:(

Last edited:
I do believe that the earth is 'warming up' and Ice caps are melting. That doesn't mean I'm convinced that it will coninue to do so.
I do believe that much of the temperature increase is due to natural sources and events over which we have no control. Natural wetland and cud chewing animals produce huge amounts of methane, which is 23 times more damaging than Carbon dioxide.

However I also believe that human activity is at least 50% to blame. Of that 50% how much can be prevented? We could reduce our landfill and so reduce both methane and carbon dioxide produced.
Could we reduce the number of cattle we farm and so reduce methane?
Shall we prevent the third world countries from growing rice as the rice paddies produce huge amounts of methane?

I think that by doing 'our bit' to reduce emissions we can reduce a little the speed at which global warming is moving but if that's the way the earth is going then I believe it will go that way regardless, and the occupants of this planet will adapt accordingly. Some species, possibly humankind might become extinct. But ultimately i don't think you or I can change that.

By the way I think it's almost as likely that within the next couple of hundred years that something else will change and the earth will start to cool again.

And ever the sceptic, I also believe that governments, councils and businesses, love Global warming and the opportunities for extra revenue raising it brings them.

Chin up!
John

Last edited:
Insignificance

Without going into detail, what chance have we got when both China and the USA pollute to the extent that they do!:eek:
Our pollution falls into insignificance in comparison:eek:

Without going into detail, what chance have we got when both China and the USA pollute to the extent that they do!:eek:
Our pollution falls into insignificance in comparison:eek:

Like I said Graham, It is easy to place the blame elsewhere but that does not excuse a do nothing attitude. It takes every grain of sand to make a beach.

Like I said Graham, It is easy to place the blame elsewhere but that does not excuse a do nothing attitude. It takes every grain of sand to make a beach.

oops:D
Chill man chill:eek:
I agree in principal with you, but I am not going to put myself out big time while the big guns like the USA and China could not give a damn.
I don't throw litter about, but I will use a litter bin for my wine bottles and I will not feel guilty if no recycling bins available.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
oops:D
Chill man chill:eek:
I agree in principal with you, but I am not going to put myself out big time while the big guns like the USA and China could not give a damn.
I don't throw litter about, but I will use a litter bin for my wine bottles and I will not feel guilty if no recycling bins available.:D

Like I said on the other thread Graham, If we all did that our wild camping spots would soon diminish quicker than they are now. Whats wrong with putting them in a carrier or wine box in the locker and when you pass a recycling point drop them there or take them home to your can and glass box, hardly a chore. Oh and don't worry I am well chilled just a bit disappointed that collectively we are not as environmentally friendly as I expected lovers of the wild to be that's all. No harm or blame personally intended to anyone.:(

Like I said on the other thread Graham, If we all did that our wild camping spots would soon diminish quicker than they are now. Whats wrong with putting them in a carrier or wine box in the locker and when you pass a recycling point drop them there or take them home to your can and glass box, hardly a chore. Oh and don't worry I am well chilled just a bit disappointed that collectively we are not as environmentally friendly as I expected lovers of the wild to be that's all. No harm or blame personally intended to anyone.:(

We all do our bit in our own way and when we are away in the m/h, we will use a bin and I will not feel guilty:D
Just think, a few years ago, I would have chucked paper wrappings out of the window:eek:
But Richard, You do what you want to do and I will do what I want to do without any feeling of guilt:D

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back