we are not polluting !

Belgian

I don't believe in hypes like the warming-up of the earth, CO2 emissions....:eek:
(like: we all are sinners and motorhomer's the most of all) :eek:
But sometimes something unexpected comes up. Quote

Climate plus: Motorhome holidays
The warnings contained in IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change) assessment reports have also prompted discussion in the tourism industry. In this context the German caravaning industry association recently commissioned the Öko-Institut to compare the greenhouse gas emissions of motorhome holidays with those of other forms of travel.

The study revealed that overnight stays on designated motorhome stopover sites are far less damaging to the climate than those on a campsite or in a hotel. Moreover, holidaymakers in motorhomes often choose destinations closer to home, meaning fewer carbon dioxide emissions than more distant holiday resorts. A typical motorhome holiday, averaged over all holiday destinations at home and abroad, generates 0.61 tonnes of greenhouse gas (calculated as CO2-equivalent emissions). All other modes of holiday travel by German tourists emitted at least half as much again, or an average of 0.95 tonnes. Although fans of motorhomes tend to go away more often than other people, they still compare favourably. The average German tourist is responsible for about 20% more greenhouse gas emissions per year than the average motorhome tourist.The most significant climate plus of this type of holiday comes from overnight stays. If a motorhome containing two people overnights on a designated stopover site, each person produces about one kilogramme CO2-equivalent. Each person staying on a campsite emits five times this amount, and those in a hotel a massive twelve times more. As expected, the motorhome fares better as a means of transport than domestic and inner-European flights, but it comes off poorly compared to a bus or car.

However, as the latter usually go hand in hand with hotel accommodation, the emissions calculated for the entire journey are offset, depending upon holiday duration and distance travelled. If a campervan with two people travels not more than 170 kilometres per overnight stay, or 340 kilometres with four people, the greenhouse gas emissions balance is better than that of the car journey combined with hotel accommodation. With respect to air pollutant emissions, which were not included in the context of the study, significant decreases can be expected in future due to new low-emission vehicles. kh

Relevant isn't it ? ;)

I don't believe in hypes like the warming-up of the earth, CO2 emissions....:eek:
(like: we all are sinners and motorhomer's the most of all) :eek:
But sometimes something unexpected comes up. Quote

Climate plus: Motorhome holidays
The warnings contained in IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change) assessment reports have also prompted discussion in the tourism industry. In this context the German caravaning industry association recently commissioned the Öko-Institut to compare the greenhouse gas emissions of motorhome holidays with those of other forms of travel.

The study revealed that overnight stays on designated motorhome stopover sites are far less damaging to the climate than those on a campsite or in a hotel. Moreover, holidaymakers in motorhomes often choose destinations closer to home, meaning fewer carbon dioxide emissions than more distant holiday resorts. A typical motorhome holiday, averaged over all holiday destinations at home and abroad, generates 0.61 tonnes of greenhouse gas (calculated as CO2-equivalent emissions). All other modes of holiday travel by German tourists emitted at least half as much again, or an average of 0.95 tonnes. Although fans of motorhomes tend to go away more often than other people, they still compare favourably. The average German tourist is responsible for about 20% more greenhouse gas emissions per year than the average motorhome tourist.The most significant climate plus of this type of holiday comes from overnight stays. If a motorhome containing two people overnights on a designated stopover site, each person produces about one kilogramme CO2-equivalent. Each person staying on a campsite emits five times this amount, and those in a hotel a massive twelve times more. As expected, the motorhome fares better as a means of transport than domestic and inner-European flights, but it comes off poorly compared to a bus or car.

However, as the latter usually go hand in hand with hotel accommodation, the emissions calculated for the entire journey are offset, depending upon holiday duration and distance travelled. If a campervan with two people travels not more than 170 kilometres per overnight stay, or 340 kilometres with four people, the greenhouse gas emissions balance is better than that of the car journey combined with hotel accommodation. With respect to air pollutant emissions, which were not included in the context of the study, significant decreases can be expected in future due to new low-emission vehicles. kh

Relevant isn't it ? ;)

Excellent work Belgian, I am going to print this off as its all good ammunition for campaigning.

Im going to print it off and send it to my MP and the PM.
will also be using it in my letters to the MBC to campaign UK stopovers.

Can you give details of where it actually came from.

Don

Something that has occured to me is that Heathrow has some of the worst air quality conditions anywhere in the World. I notice that the "control" zone also includes Heathrow.
Now please don't call me Old Mr Cynical but you don't suppose that this was done in the vain hope that pollution levels might become lower for the filthy airport?
It has reached the levels, at times, at which the EU could stop the place from operating :eek:

Im going to print it off and send it to my MP and the PM.
will also be using it in my letters to the MBC to campaign UK stopovers.

Can you give details of where it actually came from.

Don

Don,I really don't know anymore where came from. Some UK enviromental site.
Copied and pasted it without the URL (stupid me) :rolleyes:
But I'll try to retrace it and let you know
Leo

who gets thru ??

Rick, something weird happened.!
I found the website back (Ökoinstitute.com). Posted it here (previous add) but when I try to open it: nothing -website not found ! Even with Google. Google finds it but no opening ! And yesterday it worked
Do you have more luck ? Or is this a sort of censure ? I'm puzzled :confused:
Leo

Rick, something weird happened.!
I found the website back (Ökoinstitute.com). Posted it here (previous add) but when I try to open it: nothing -website not found ! Even with Google. Google finds it but no opening ! And yesterday it worked
Do you have more luck ? Or is this a sort of censure ? I'm puzzled :confused:
Leo

Hi Belgian, just clicked on your link and it all came up clear as a bell, so maybe its the Belgian thought police at work!. By the way, I must say that owning a Belgian made Motorhome (Home-Car) marketed here by Lunar, that i find it an impressive piece of kit and excellent value for money.

Hi Belgian, just clicked on your link and it all came up clear as a bell, so maybe its the Belgian thought police at work!. By the way, I must say that owning a Belgian made Motorhome (Home-Car) marketed here by Lunar, that i find it an impressive piece of kit and excellent value for money.
On this side nothing ! Big brother is watching ? But I'm glad you can do at least something with the info. Succes :)
Cheers,
Leo

Don,I really don't know anymore where came from. Some UK enviromental site.
Copied and pasted it without the URL (stupid me) :rolleyes:
But I'll try to retrace it and let you know
Leo
enviromental rubish
Well yes where did all these ideas come from some astute tax collector i believe.
There is nothing wrong with the world you will not all die tomoro so why be so concerned about all this so called poloution they talk about
if we realy do believed what they say about amout of carbon that WE ARE suposed to create we would all need waders to walk around in the stuff.

enviromental rubish
Well yes where did all these ideas come from some astute tax collector i believe.
There is nothing wrong with the world you will not all die tomoro so why be so concerned about all this so called poloution they talk about
if we realy do believed what they say about amout of carbon that WE ARE suposed to create we would all need waders to walk around in the stuff.

Completely agree terry&sue
Of course it's all rubish. All make-belief. At the end it comes all to one thing:
we have to pay. A decade ago it was 'the gap in the ozonlayer' or 'acid rain'
(heard of that lately ?) Now it is warming-up, CO2 ...the North pole is melting: sea levels will raise and we will all drown! . OK the ice is melting but the sea level will raise 0 mm because it's ice floating on the sea ! The same thing with that CO2. Plants transform CO2 into oxygen. So in winter we would have more CO2 than in summer, right ? NO, it remains equal. They had us again. If CO2 is so dangerous for the warming up, why don't they ban the bubbles in beer, coke or champagne, or to forbid breathing out ? The problem is 'they' are smashing us down with arguments which really are nonsense. Therefore I found it so 'cute' there was an argument 'showing' that MH'rs are less producing CO2 than other tourists. And I jumped on it (reversing the make-belief ?). Maybe it's also nonsense; but at least it's nonsense from the 'opposite site'. For 'some' all what is printed black on white is as true as the bible (without making a statement about that):D
And if don or tresrikay can use it as an argument to convince people in our behalve, why not. I wish them all succes :p
'Belgians are reputed to be against the grain':D::rolleyes::p

Of course it's all rubish. All make-belief. At the end it comes all to one thing:
(heard of that lately ?) Now it is warming-up, CO2 ...the North pole is melting: sea levels will raise and we will all drown! . OK the ice is melting but the sea level will raise 0 mm because it's ice floating on the sea ! The same thing with that CO2. Plants transform CO2 into oxygen. So in winter we would have more CO2 than in summer, right ? NO, it remains equal. They had us again. If CO2 is so dangerous for the warming up, why don't they ban the bubbles in beer, coke or champagne, or to forbid breathing out ? The problem is 'they' are smashing us down with arguments which really are nonsense. Therefore I found it so 'cute' there was an argument 'showing' that MH'rs are less producing CO2 than other tourists. And I jumped on it (reversing the make-belief ?). Maybe it's also nonsense; but at least it's nonsense from the 'opposite site'. For 'some' all what is printed black on white is as true as the bible (without making a statement about that):D
And if don or tresrikay can use it as an argument to convince people in our behalve, why not. I wish them all succes :p
dont get me wrong i agree with you its all nonsence and the best of luck to them that might be able to use the (info) on all our behalf

I am sorry that I missed these last posts on this subject by you and Terry and Sue, because I am afraid that you are both totally wrong. this burying the head in the sand and carrying on sh*****g all over the world pretending there is no problem is the last refuge of a scoundrel and an excuse to avoid all responsibility for bad activity. How can you say there is no problem. Who's interest is served in this consumer led grab all society we live in, for governments to start legislating to ease this problem. What politician would try to restrict income from taxation by urging us to be more environmentally aware. None in this world. What will you say to the Pacific Islanders who's islands and homes will have disappeared within 50 years and lastly what will you say to your children and grandchildren when the dessert of a planet we pass on to them with an ocean devoid of corals, turtles, plankton, whales, and fish. A sky filled with an endless burning sun where bird song is no longer heard, and the only thing in the sky are polluting planes and drifting plastic bags. Where penguins and polar bears once played and fed upon the ice sheets there is only muddy Tundra. Don't ever say its a lie just open your eyes and your hearts and make the change, its not an option its your duty as a fellow passenger on this life's journey.:mad::mad::mad: Please look at www.messageinthewaves.com.and www.stopclimatechaos.org

Last edited:
enviromental rubish

Thats because the carbon is in the atmosphere, It is ruining the air Quality, creating a thermal blanket, causing GLOBAL WARMING.!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Thats because the carbon is in the atmosphere, It is ruining the air Quality, creating a thermal blanket, causing GLOBAL WARMING.!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:
i dont think you have the only correct opinion
i think i will stay buried in the sand
end of subject

OK the ice is melting but the sea level will raise 0 mm because it's ice floating on the sea !

Actually much of the ice which is melting is being carved off Greenland or Antartica and other glaciers sitting on land which are receding and therefore sea levels are rising and will rise.

i dont think you have the only correct opinion
i think i will stay buried in the sand
end of subject

Its not an opinion.......... its a FACT. an absolutely cast iron guaranteed TRUTH and no matter how much you bury your head, it will still happen.

It is a fact. The climate is changing quite significantly. But the earth has gone through periods of climate change in the past. The problem is noone can predict exactly what will happen and therefore it's safer to cut back on emissions and maintain the status quo.

Climate change could benefit the UK, giving us a more Mediterranean climate, at the expense of turning the current Med into a dessert. Certain species may die out and others will evolve. The Earth will continue in some form, but I don't think current rates of change are a wise risk to take.

Think back to when all this talk of global warming started. If you remember Maggie, that was when. She started it off when offering grants to those who would do research into the matter. and low and behold every scientist applied under the heading of "Global Warming" and received the grant. Of cause the response came back as true and factual. But there are as many Scientist who say poppy-cock as there are thatscream doomsday.

Its an excuse for RED KEN to up the taxes for vehicles in London.
Its an excuse for the Government to up fuel taxes.

We all have a right to our own oppinion, You have yours, I will have mine.

I wont force mine onto you, dont force yours on me.

I assume you greenies will all be selling your fuel thirsty campers and going in for the green car (I dont think so).

Did you know that the hottest year was 18xx cant remember the exact datebut it was 15 years before the first vehicle came onto the road.
What caused that?
BULLSxxT I assume.

Don

It is a fact. The climate is changing quite significantly. But the earth has gone through periods of climate change in the past. The problem is noone can predict exactly what will happen and therefore it's safer to cut back on emissions and maintain the status quo.
I completely agree with you all. Climate is changing. But how much % is due to human interference ? Just give you a few exemples from Flanders. Between the 11th > 14th centuries we had vineyards around here (see names as 'Wijnendale, Wijnegem...), this was a warming-up period (not to many cars in those days :D). And in the 16th century they held markets on the froozen river Scheldt in Antwerp. A mini ice-age! Human interference=O. :rolleyes:
OK human interference plays a (minor)role in the global warming up; but it is not the major factor, of course it has something to do with it (but how much ?).I think the burning of forests in Borneo or the Amazonas have more to do than our diesel-engines in the CO2 outcast. We have known warmer and cooler periods This is a 'normal' evolution of the earth.
I'm against the hype some politicians are 'promoting' this (an Unconviniand Thruth...) just to give us a 'guild-feeling' about it to pay it off with taxes ...
(against the grain ? sorry can't help, it I'm belgian!):rolleyes:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back