Water Pump

pamjon

I think my pump is going up the creek. When I switch the tap on it rattles like a jack hammer. Also the pressure seems down. There is a company called Grasshopperleisure near Wisbech Cambridgeshire. They have an Aqua 8, 1.5 bar, 10 litre that pumps up to 3 metres high it is £86. Seems a good price.
Thanks PJ

I fitted a Reich 19ltr Twin Submersible pump over 6 years ago and am very happy with it. The Reich pump has the advantage of fewer connections as an inline NRV is not needed. In practice you don't get 19 litres a minute but more than adequate for showering and a big improvement on the previous two pumps which did not last long.

I fitted a Reich 19ltr Twin Submersible pump over 6 years ago and am very happy with it. The Reich pump has the advantage of fewer connections as an inline NRV is not needed. In practice you don't get 19 litres a minute but more than adequate for showering and a big improvement on the previous two pumps which did not last long.
Thanks, if the filter is not at fault then I will look into the pump you have mentioned.
PJ

Two more thoughts before you splash the cash.

a) Try turning the pressure switch up and then down.
b) It could be an airlock. Try again after you have emptied and refilled the tank.

You will find fitting a replacement far easier if you buy the exact same model.

Note that pumps such as the Shurflo range operate at different pressures. Do not be tempted to use a higher pressure pump. You may cause other equipment to fail or cause leaks.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back