Water Pump

bobj808

Free Member
I wonder if anyone can help. I'm wanting to use a 12V (plugged into cigar socket) water pump to transfer drinking water from a 40 litre roller barrel into my mh onboard tank via the filler cap. Does anyone do this and what pump do you use. I sort of envisage a hand held thing with 2 pieces of hose. Any advice would be great. Ta, Bob.

I wonder if anyone can help. I'm wanting to use a 12V (plugged into cigar socket) water pump to transfer drinking water from a 40 litre roller barrel into my mh onboard tank via the filler cap. Does anyone do this and what pump do you use. I sort of envisage a hand held thing with 2 pieces of hose. Any advice would be great. Ta, Bob.

I bought and use this setup when Im on a site and cannot be arsed to move motorhome to fill up, works a treat. Probably could have bought the parts separately and saved a few quid but couldn’t be bothered lol.
2A311FA8-0113-465A-B5B6-49EC0C9B6595.png

I use a pump and water barrel. I fitted an external 12 volt socket and use a Whale pump to fill the tank.

Wow, thanks for the replies. I like the look of the ebay one. £30 seems fine. I have this daft idea that maybe, just maybe sites may open this summer but could keep toilets etc closed and we could keep our social distance quite easily. I want to be prepared just in case it's more than wishful thinking. Thanks again peeps. Bob..

depends on your detail..
We also like to be able to fill up (water tank) without moving.
The short internal pipe from the filler to the tank is round and bendy so using a flat hose is fiddly.
The solutions shown would overcome this.
Our tank is under the front Diner double seat so easily accessed by lifting the cushion and hinged seat.
This exposes the tank which has a large (4inch) filler cap.
So we mainly use a watering can (10 litres) and most days 3x watering cans is more than enough

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back