water problems

fairfordman

Can any one help, when I fill my fresh water tank over some hours that water transfers to my grey water tank with out the pump on. The pump works ok transfering water around the system and when I switch it off it stops running.

Kevin

Can any one help, when I fill my fresh water tank over some hours that water transfers to my grey water tank with out the pump on. The pump works ok transfering water around the system and when I switch it off it stops running.

Kevin

Strange one Kevin, It must be piped up wrong cos the only pipes leading to the grey tank should come from the plug holes in your kitchen sink and shower room... I think:confused:

Kevin
There should be no link between fresh water and the waste tank. If you think about it logically if there is a link between these two you could be poisoned or worse. In the fresh water system if you disconnect the battery the tank will empty till you reset the relay. This water will drop straight on the floor, it should not go into grey tank, this is a failsafe system to stop the boiler bein damaged in case of freezing.

Kevin

What is the make of your van, it is possible that there is a one way valve thingy in the system that is open, (could be talking out of the back of my head, but its a thought.)

Peter

Kevin

Perhaps some extra info might help us help you.

What model and brand is the MH

Have you just bought it

How long has it been happening.

Did it start happening first time you used it after winter (maybe some freeze damage)

Does the water transfer happen when stationary or only when moving

Does it start immediately the water tank is filled (can tell by having the grey-water drain open while you are filling)

Hi Lenny thanks for your reply yes it is a strange one glad it made you laugh, no hav.nt met I'm new to MH and this site.

Regards
Kevin

What is the make of your van, it is possible that there is a one way valve thingy in the system that is open, (could be talking out of the back of my head, but its a thought.)

Peter
My van is a peugoet boxer 98 the valve sounds like it maybe but I can't find one anywhere.

That can ONLY happen via the sink or shower tray! So you MUST have a tap or shower head that's running into the sink or shower tray which then drains into the grey tank.

Hi,
sounds to me like whoever installed the tanks placed an overflow pipe from the fresh to the grey tank(usualy underneath the floor) and the water is syphoning out. If thats the case remove the pipe at the grey tank end and plug the hole, then feed the open end of the pipe through the floor to run to ground. This is the case with most motorhomes, unless you have a shut off micro switch, that comes into play when filling fresh water to the maximum level via an external pump. Hope this helps.

Happy Camping:)

A check valve (an in-line one way anti-siphon device) can be had from most van converters or motorcaravan suppliers. It helps keep the crud out of the fresh tank and should also be fitted just aft of the overflow nipple of your fresh tank. Your mfg'r must have fitted this overflow diverter to the waste tank. Sensible as that would help keep you from leaving a wet spot everywhere you park up after a full fill of H2O. God knows you wouldn't want to look like those NL'rs leaving their grey water puddles go all over the continent... It just gives all of us RV'rs a bad name!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back