Water pressure.

leebob74

Hello, I'm new to the forum and pretty new to the world of motorhomes so go easy on me please!!!

I'll try and explain myself as clearly as i can.

I seem to have low water pressure from the hot tap in the bathroom. It runs for about 20 seconds and then stops. However when using the hot water in the kitchen there is no problem. If left for a minute or two it will run for a few seconds until it tricleks to nothing.

The tapes in the kitchen are mixer tap and i think the tap in the bathroom are seperate as there is both a hot and cold tap.

My motorhome as an Autohomes Wildwind.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Hi Leebob,
I had a very similar problem when I bought my van and it turned out to be a kinked pipe trapped underneath the fresh tank. Try to inspect as much of the pipe routing as you can to eliminate this first.
Jim

I'm sorry i can't answer that as i don't know and i'm at work at the moment. I will try and establish if pump runs and also have a good check of all pipe. Just struck me as odd that the water to the kitchen runs ok but not in the bathroom

will have a good check over tonight if not too late home from work. thanks

Thinking logicaly, the only difference between the pressure at bathroom tap and kitchen tap is the length and routing of the hose. Air lock, blockage kinked pipe etc etc. I suppose you could have a problem with the actual tap. Unlikley but possible.

In my quest to find the problem with mine, a service expert at a dealers told me that the plastic 'y' junctions sometimes have attached thin plastic 'flaps' on the inside that haven't been properly removed during manufacturing and under water pressure they can close like a one-way valve. You'll also no doubt have non-return valves in line at various points and they can sometimes stick and fail.

Don't know what kind of taps or pump system. But if the type with a micro switches on the taps to turn the pump on then it could just be a failed micro switch?

The clue would be if you can hear the pump start when you turn the bathroom hot tap on.

John

Eliminate the switch as being the problem by opening another tap until the water flows/pump starts and leave it running. Then turn the faulty tap on and see if the water flows freely and doesn't stop. If so, then you have the system where each tap has a microswitch that actually controls the pump and the microswitch on that faulty tap is overheating and causing a bad connection after a short time.

If you listen close you will hear the microswitch click on and off.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back