Water level problem

rockape

Over the course of this weekend I have had an intermittent issue with the above ,
I have an Auto trail Imala with an onboard water tank, the control panel over the door will show that the tank is full , which it obviously is, after drawing water I get a warning that the tank is empty, however , I know that I have at least 3/4 of a tank as I filled the tank and it will only take about 20 ltrs (120 ltr tank).
My guess is that it a sensor somewhere and ,I presume, in a float in the tank ,My question is this , is it a sensor on a float or is it an issue with the panel on the push panel over the door?

Her indoors keeps telling me that we need water ( its me who gets it), and I know we have enough, but the alarm is a pain in the asre.

Over the course of this weekend I have had an intermittent issue with the above ,
I have an Auto trail Imala with an onboard water tank, the control panel over the door will show that the tank is full , which it obviously is, after drawing water I get a warning that the tank is empty, however , I know that I have at least 3/4 of a tank as I filled the tank and it will only take about 20 ltrs (120 ltr tank).
My guess is that it a sensor somewhere and ,I presume, in a float in the tank ,My question is this , is it a sensor on a float or is it an issue with the panel on the push panel over the door?

Her indoors keeps telling me that we need water ( its me who gets it), and I know we have enough, but the alarm is a pain in the asre.

Metal water level pins that stick into the tank need cleaning

I had to clean mine on my Chausson - just screwed off the inspection cap in the top of the tank - there were different length rods sticking down into the tank beneath the cap with the sender wires. Didn't see there was anything untoward on them but gave them a wipe anyway. Works now, but maybe just luck. Now got to look at my underslung grey tank as the control continually show it is full. Hopefully same rods and not a float system!

i phoned my dealer and they confirmed that it is scale on the rods, problem is that there is no access unless the tank is dropped.
He suggested that a limescale remover can be used.
Question is this …. 120 ltr tank, how much is needed to mix keeping the tank full , have heard that white vinegar will also work. Best from Ebay?
Any other ideas of what to used, drinking water is completely separate , so no issues with cross contamination.

i phoned my dealer and they confirmed that it is scale on the rods, problem is that there is no access unless the tank is dropped.
He suggested that a limescale remover can be used.
Question is this …. 120 ltr tank, how much is needed to mix keeping the tank full , have heard that white vinegar will also work. Best from Ebay?
Any other ideas of what to used, drinking water is completely separate , so no issues with cross contamination.

Cheap supermarket 17p cola ?

Cheap cola a few litres in tank drive about for a few days then dump in flush out and hunky doray

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back