Watch out for your CATs

robjmckinney

My brother woke up this morning to find somebody removed the catalytic converter from his 52 Transit van. It seems a sad world people are now reduced to sawing off your exhaust.

Don't suppose there is a lock out there for exhaust on the market if this becomes a regular thing especially for the expensive foreign models!

My brother woke up this morning to find somebody removed the catalytic converter from his 52 Transit van. It seems a sad world people are now reduced to sawing off your exhaust.

Don't suppose there is a lock out there for exhaust on the market if this becomes a regular thing especially for the expensive foreign models!

Unbelievable isn't it the lengths people go to or should i say scum bags:mad:

Due to the recent price increases of the noble metals (platinum, palladium, and rhodium) contained inside the catalytic converter the recycling market has exploded and they have become very valuable.

Seen all those parked cars with "free scrap car collections" well bangers are worth about £150 in scrap now without a cat, but alloys and cats mean more cash for the scavengers.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back