Waste Tank Valve

ian81

Our rear mounted waste tank has a flat valve on the underside for emptying that is the lowest point on the motorhome (Chausson Flash 04). Over the four years we have the MH sadly we have grounded a few times and each occasion has damaged it further. It is now beyond the point of repair. A new one is some £35.

Has anyone any ideas how we might repair more cheaply and also with a view to the waste outlet being less prone to damage??

The only way that I can think of is to move your waste tank higher from the ground. This could end up being more expensive than its worth. You may then have to re-route your plumbing to maintain the gravity feed.

Flexi

Hi ian81,

I am not sure how your drains works but if you have part of the drain left on the tank you could use a short hose, fit a plastic tap and bring it higher and clip it behind the skirt and just drop it down when emptying.

Snowbirds.

Our rear mounted waste tank has a flat valve on the underside for emptying that is the lowest point on the motorhome (Chausson Flash 04). Over the four years we have the MH sadly we have grounded a few times and each occasion has damaged it further. It is now beyond the point of repair. A new one is some £35.

Has anyone any ideas how we might repair more cheaply and also with a view to the waste outlet being less prone to damage??

Thanks guys for the responses.
OK profile doesnt show model of MH but the post did -a Chausson Flash 04.

It would be impossible to move the tank.

To add a hose as suggested would actually increase the problem as it would mean the waste hose would be some 2 / 3 inches below the tank - the gate valve was only 1" below the tank.

The only solution I can think of is to try and raise the rear suspension by installing air ride (expensive but has other benefits!!)

Hi David

Thanks for your response. I think that blanking off the outlet on the bottom of the tank and mounting a valve on the side might be the solution.

I am about to order Dunlop Airride from a supplier in France surprisingly at a cheaper price than in the UK. (We are based in the Tarn) I have also ordered a flap valve as I have managed to find a new one for £20 delivered (French price was €35!!) If the problem recurs I will probably do as you suggested.

Another anecdote: replacement bumper made in France -French quotes over €800 final purchase from UK supplier just over £500 (shipped within France!!)
C'est la vie!!!

...no a replacement BUMPER is £500 (UK) as opposed to €800 (France)

Dunlop air suspension kit is €450 inc delivery via the French distributor -UK over £500

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back