Waste tank not emptying

steveo

Hi guys - We are new to the whole motorhoming lark, just boiught ourselves a 1992 Kontiki Swift 6 berth.

Had to do a few bits of work on her as the previous user did not use the leidure batteries or the water system at all... but after flushing through the boiler and changing a few valves she is getting better by the day.

Only problem we have now is with the waste tank... I have found the emtying valve just between the passenger front whhel and the door... problem is when we turn the valve nothign comes out....

We have put several galloons into her through the sink and shower and the indicator says she is 3/4 full.

We found out the other day whilst driving that she woudl empty around bends, as i forgot to close the valve when i looked at it..

The pipe it self seems to sit at the top of the tank, so i dont understand how the water will eb flushed through it until it is full...

Can anybody shed some light on this for me please

Kind regards

Steve

Hi, sounds like the previous owner had the waste tank off for cleaning? and re-fitted it upside down. If it as flexible pipes, remove it and turn it over, infeed obviously to it's highest point, discharge to drain valve at lowest point.

Happy Camping:)

Thank you for that - Just ahd a nother little look underneath - the drainage point is at the bottom of the tank as it should be but the hose pipe that leads to the tap actually travels up to the tap, the drainage tap is actually sitting as high as the tank, not really sur ewhy they would design this way...

If I bypassed the tap and let the hosepipe hang down it would probably empty...

Hi, it probably would drain, just lower the drain valve, and make sure the breather pipe, if it as one, is clear of debris. Can't understand anyone fitting a drain valve higher than the tank:confused:
Good luck.

Happy Camping:)

Just a thought...If you have to syphon it.....use a pump!
I would think the inlet and outlets are just sections of pipe let into the tank. as long as the waste goes into the top one and you have the tap at the bottom, all should be OK.
Remember to flush regularly to avoid 'orible pongs!
HTH. Paol.

Just a thought...If you have to syphon it.....use a pump!
I would think the inlet and outlets are just sections of pipe let into the tank. as long as the waste goes into the top one and you have the tap at the bottom, all should be OK.
Remember to flush regularly to avoid 'orible pongs!
HTH. Paol.

****, sorry i couldnt resist that one!!
All the best.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back