Warwick Duo Van

motorwaycafe

Does anyone know if the tail lights can be connected to go on when the front 'driving' strip lights are go on with the ignition?
Thank you
Motorwaycafe.

Do you mean the front day driving lights and not add ons, if you connect to them then the front parking lights will come on to best to run a new set of wires to sep led tail lights.

Does anyone know if the tail lights can be connected to go on when the front 'driving' strip lights are go on with the ignition?
Thank you
Motorwaycafe.

Daytime running lights are front only. As soon as you turn on side marker lights, DRL must go off.

Turn on your sidelights if you want the rear lit.

Turning on my main lights are the only option at the moment, but I was looking for an alternative to headlights during the day. This often leads to oncoming drivers pointing out my main lights are on!!
A wiring link seems the only option, but I am not sufficiently gifted to do that.

Turning on my main lights are the only option at the moment, but I was looking for an alternative to headlights during the day. This often leads to oncoming drivers pointing out my main lights are on!!
A wiring link seems the only option, but I am not sufficiently gifted to do that.
Can you not just turn your side lights on?

Can you not just turn your side lights on?
Parking lights is the correct term as thats what there for, not driving.
They got the name side lights from the old cars with them wing mounted, ford pop springs to mind.

DRL are specifically wired to go out when headlights are switched on , and the rear lights are on the same circuit as headlights when ign on . The parking lights activate with ign off and the front and rear lights are then switched to common circuit . The front DRL are sometimes switched to go off individually when the direction indicator is active on that side . The above is all achieved thru BCM in most cases , so is not really possible to rewire or circumvent . The only answer would be a retrofit of auxillary rear lights , that could be selected when in normal DRL mode.

ou can fit these on front and rear for parking up at night if near a main road, new wiring and switch required, i have a set to go on.
button leds.png

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back