WARNING: NC500 Idiots at work

I just read this and watched the video. THIS HAS TO STOP NOW! If caught, a £10000 fine, loss of vehicle....if rented, jail time. But, in saying that, if the councils were to put in chemical waste points it would save this being an issue. Put in Aire type stops and charge for them.

They are internet for money people, and it seems this may have been a prank to get views on their social media.

It worked I'd say lol.
I'd make them drink the contents of a cassette. Ban them on social media. They are scum no better.

Unfortunately it’s also made the newspapers up here which has reignited all the anti-motorhome sentiment just as it was dying down. The guys responsible said they made a video for entertainment and it shouldn’t be taken at face value!!
Throw them off Youtube....monetise that scum!

They are 'young n dumb', they didn't know the possible ramifications, they made a stupid mistake and apologised which included putting money where their mouth is.

Did we all engage brain before acting at their age?
Sorry mate....I never throw ma shite out of my car....or run around it...I had a Brian that was engaged at all times. No excuse

I am in shock that they thought this was ok to do.
Quite right. Even if this is a wind up then anyone with a conscience would know this is not right.
If this is a hired van these lads can still be traced. I'm sure the van hire firm would give details to the police and would be horrified to see their vans being misused.

Saw this on line this afternoon. This has been covered many times before but this article is evidence of the type of behaviour that brings us harsh criticism.

Im convinced it was real !!!!!!!!!!#
They let it get full and did not have a convienient disposal facility, and just it was a funny way to sort their problem.
Bad Enough!!!!
But to have filimed it..... then publidhed it....well?.......
Now that they will have to face up to the consequences, it's so easyto say it was not real , but just a joke set-up in bad taste.
YEAHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
who thought it was funny ????
Bloody ignorant morons

From their YouTube page....

View attachment 89216
Perhaps as you say with hindsight (which is as always is a wonderful thing) this was a foolish, stupid and irresponsible thing to do.
However making an apology (It takes a bigger person to say sorry than one who chooses to ignore or refute) via as many social media points as you use is a start. However as many point out it just re-ignited the whole unsavoury motorhome issue up there. Perhaps a letter to the media (local or national papers) would also have seen this 'prank' having been highlighted and the accompanying letter of apology, donation etc all covered giving the true account and result instead of allowing the scab to regrow over old wounds.
Unfortunately far too many who travel up there (and other places too it's not just an NC500 issue) do so as non regular motor-homers and treat the countryside as their personal rubbish tip. Enjoying their own views but having no concern or thought for others as they do so. An irresponsible Motor-homer/Driver/visitor will have 100 complainers spreading the negative word, whereas a responsible one will see perhaps 10 spread that positive word.

A lesson learned I hope.

Perhaps as you say with hindsight (which is as always is a wonderful thing) this was a foolish, stupid and irresponsible thing to do.
However making an apology (It takes a bigger person to say sorry than one who chooses to ignore or refute) via as many social media points as you use is a start. However as many point out it just re-ignited the whole unsavoury motorhome issue up there. Perhaps a letter to the media (local or national papers) would also have seen this 'prank' having been highlighted and the accompanying letter of apology, donation etc all covered giving the true account and result instead of allowing the scab to regrow over old wounds.
Unfortunately far too many who travel up there (and other places too it's not just an NC500 issue) do so as non regular motor-homers and treat the countryside as their personal rubbish tip. Enjoying their own views but having no concern or thought for others as they do so. An irresponsible Motor-homer/Driver/visitor will have 100 complainers spreading the negative word, whereas a responsible one will see perhaps 10 spread that positive word.

A lesson learned I hope.

It was indeed a 'foolish, stupid and irresponsible thing to do' and in hindsight we can only speculate on their motives and whether to accept their apologies.

I personally agree with post #11 along with your own point in the last 2 lines of your post. Perhaps draw a line under it now?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back