WARNING: NC500 Idiots at work

They are 'young n dumb', they didn't know the possible ramifications, they made a stupid mistake and apologised which included putting money where their mouth is.

Did we all engage brain before acting at their age?
There not young and dumb🤬. They’re making a living out of YouTube so pretty switched on. Agreed its probably a stunt they regret but you’ve got to be living on another planet to think that sort of thing done on the NC500 isn’t going to wind up a lot of people.

Last edited:
Not sure if it is real or not. If real, then they want fining, but proof would be difficult I guess. If it is for "entertainment", really ?There is nothing remotely funny about it. I've been trying to sell a new show,"Celebrity Toilet Attendant", to Channel 4 for years with no joy, and these guys are making money out of this?

They don't make it clear if it's a staged prank or not, unless I've missed that bit.

Thing is Ron, I was reading just last week that continental aires were being discussed for the '500'. That'll be that fecked then.
That is precisely why aires are geing disccussed for the NC500. Many reports of toilet dumping are prompting local communities to put in facilities rather than banning vans.

Shut the borders, send all the "white slugs on wheels " back accross the border where they belong, along with thier p*sh and sh*te, if you cannot respect out beautiful country keep the feck out of it.
Yorkshire feckers, I might have known!
seamus, trying very hard to get angry :poop::poop::poop:
I honestly hope that you are the gentleman :) that has so often had me laughing in stitches over the years. If it's really you, then it was a real pleasure :) to see your indecisive post.

ps Living where you do, you're possibly more English than Scot. But then, I'm probably more Welsh than English, so what do I know? :)

Unfortunately it’s also made the newspapers up here which has reignited all the anti-motorhome sentiment just as it was dying down. The guys responsible said they made a video for entertainment and it shouldn’t be taken at face value!!

The problem we have here Tony is that Joe Public will not see it like that :mad:

All they will see is them dirty bloody motorhomers emptying their shyte all over the place and laughing whilst they do it o_O

They are 'young n dumb', they didn't know the possible ramifications, they made a stupid mistake and apologised which included putting money where their mouth is.

Did we all engage brain before acting at their age?
I dont think that was a sincere apologie, i believe they will be getting off on the reaction that they have created and thriving on it laughing there bell end off . ( hopefully so and stop them breeding )

Last edited:
Apologies, Retractions what ever the damage has been done Now. A friend asked me how do You manage my reply was All my trips are in Europe where facility's are provided He asked is it the same here I replied No so he's believing it does happen and until he'd seen the video he'd never given it a thought

Great things are afoot! Progress on Lochinver's motorhome-friendly sewage / grey water dump site following something of a Highland-wide change of philosophy by Councils and Communities. I got the car out and trundled down to the leisure centre to see what might be occurring as regards our much-vaunted new facility. It would be wrong to say that it was a 'hive of activity' but progress is happening with the main tank buried and what looks like a discharge point in the making. Somewhere there is also going to be some designated parking, so it would appear that come next season we will have an 'Aire' of sorts. So perhaps Covid, which triggered the great surge in staycations and camper vans, has actually created some spin-off benefits? It'll be interesting to see how it all pans out.

IMG_20201119_101438732 (Medium).jpg IMG_20201119_101459520 (Medium).jpg IMG_20201119_101514450 (Medium).jpg click to enlarge

UPDATE: Dec 12th 2020. Pleased to report that the Cassette Toilet emptying facility under construction next to Lochinver leisure centre appears 99% finished and virtually ready for action, it only remains to connect the water supply to the cistern. Hopefully other similar facilities around the Highlands are also cracking on apace and will be ready for next season. A useful initiative brought about entirely by Covid-inspired staycationers behaving badly ... so some good has come out of all of this year's grief.
waste-1.jpg waste-2.jpg click to enlarge

Last edited:
Also some new roadside signage has just gone up near here on the north coast. Proclaiming NC500 Route... I’ll take a pic next time I brave the outside world.

Almost exactly a year ago I had some correspondence – friendly enough – with the Highland Council after reports about Dornoch. Some may remember the thread we had about it. There was never any hint that my intervention lead to the rentative aire proposals but ... who knows?

I emailed my contact at the Highland Council with my views about this video and he replied, friendly enough, with the link here: https://www.highland.gov.uk/meetings/meeting/4322/tourism_committee Item 5 is the one you want.

It's a very interesting document – worth taking the time to read. I've attached it too which might make it easier to download shoiuld anyuone wish to keep it.

Attachments

• Hihgland Council Report of Motorhome Overnghting.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 224
To me it looks too obvious a set up, nobody in their right mind would empty a full cassette and film themselves doing it to post all over the media. There are a lot of people out there that simply hate motorhomes and will go to any length to destroy their image. Whoever it is needs bringing to justice and fast

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back