wanted small metal box

oldish hippy

big enough to fit in hook up cable plugged ino socket but need to be secure as having a new door fitted and cable wont go under that so thinking about having a cable fitted through the door frame to socket out side but it will only be extion leadand plugged in when needed but does need to be seecure to stop scroats unplugging mt home lead as van is parked on road do have rubber mats tha go on top of lead to stop peeps tripping over it on pavement and will get a lead that is jut long enough or lock mine through reel to bike rack whilst in use on it will not be overnight but just during the day

to bulky do have a plastic cable box that will do the job just wanted somthing about 4iches wide and six inches and about 3 in depth do know somewhere ican get one made if the worse comes to the wose cant run it through a windoq as on second floor might be worth getting a safe and cutting it down in depth

How about picking up a ammo box from ex army store, even got a rubber seal on top to keep it dry, I have a spare but janet asked for it yesterday.

there are time i cant get into baththen i put heater on in van and turn on hot wwater to 240 and have a shower and the 240 heater help with condesation this time of year if i just use shower cash box seam like good idea

Last edited:
big enough to fit in hook up cable plugged ino socket but need to be secure as having a new door fitted and cable wont go under that so thinking about having a cable fitted through the door frame to socket out side but it will only be extion leadand plugged in when needed but does need to be seecure to stop scroats unplugging mt home lead as van is parked on road do have rubber mats tha go on top of lead to stop peeps tripping over it on pavement and will get a lead that is jut long enough or lock mine through reel to bike rack whilst in use on it will not be overnight but just during the day

Hi Barrie. Long time no contact!
I'm probably missing something here but why not make up a short extension cable with a 13 amp plug on one end and a moho socket on the other end. Before wiring the second fitting (plug or socket) run the cable through a single chain link through which said plug or socket won't pass. Then when you padlock the extension cable reel to the bike rack simply use the chain with the cable passing through it. I imagine you'll have most of the bits for this already!

Or am I really missing something?

Colin

yep can do that but that is easy bit just before now the cable would fit under front door as ihacked a lump out of ali draught strip but tih new double glazed door dont thin landlord would apprecoate me cutting door jamb whereas can get it fitted behind door jambs beforore they fit it as need two one for door bell wiring and one for mains lead then when take out just use silicon toseal it

IMG_0202.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0202.jpg
    IMG_0202.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
there are time i cant get into baththen i put heater on in van and turn on hot wwater to 240 and have a shower and the 240 heater help with condesation this time of year if i just use shower cash box seam like good idea

Why not have a shower fitted in the house above the bath or am I missing something too. I assume your like me can step into the bath but cannot lay down and cannot get up once you have laid down so a shower above the bath seems the simple answer I now have a large walk in shower for that very reason.

Last edited:
yep can do that but that is easy bit just before now the cable would fit under front door as ihacked a lump out of ali draught strip but tih new double glazed door dont thin landlord would apprecoate me cutting door jamb whereas can get it fitted behind door jambs beforore they fit it as need two one for door bell wiring and one for mains lead then when take out just use silicon toseal it

I was thinking about securing the cable that runs from your flat to the moho, Barrie.

Colin :):):)

The idea of a mains cable to the van over a public footpath amazes me this idea is fraught with Danger should any toerag or tealeaf decide to nick or interfere with hook up lead across the footpath or indeed from a upstairs window, or perhaps a inquisitive child or animal, they will take you to the cleaners listen to Annie and have a shower fitted at home.

Alf

to bulky do have a plastic cable box that will do the job just wanted somthing about 4iches wide and six inches and about 3 in depth do know somewhere ican get one made if the worse comes to the wose cant run it through a windoq as on second floor might be worth getting a safe and cutting it down in depth

Can you run the cable out the second floor window to the van ?

A bit like a washing line, that would avoid the front door and cable on the pavement ?

:idea::idea::idea:

My late father & step mum had their bath modified to incorporate a hoist, perhaps worth looking into.

Unless his mains intake socket is on the roof it will still be within reach of inquisitive fingers.

Alf

Can you run the cable out the second floor window to the van ?

A bit like a washing line, that would avoid the front door and cable on the pavement ?

:idea::idea::idea:

This product the same as all this type of cable guard is intended for use indoors and in the workplace to avoid tripping it is not intended for use across a public thoroughfare.

Alf

hence got the cable runner to fir across the pavement and the double out side socket would leave it open if it was raining my landlord willfit me a shower but it will have to be in his own time have offered to pay him to do it but he say he will have fit it he wont let anyone else do the work

Floor Cable Covers 19mm Pedestrian Cable Cover - The Ramp People - The Ramp People Ireland

it only got a 10mph speed limit lol

well have take it out the window across the roof ot the van bacjk under the van and the plug it in as plug is pavement side and it is a one way street just have to hope ther are n o eight foot giants around then lol

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back