Wanted Hymer bike carrier frame

Hazy-thoughts

I have recently purchased a 96' Hymer S700, we have an integrated bike carrier on the rear of the van, unfortunately we have not got the frame / carrier that fits within and so cannot carry our bikes yet.

I have tried Hambiltons, but no joy. I wondered if anyone had such a thing lying around gathering dust :rolleyes: or whether anyone could suggest a possible source for a seconhand one.

Thanks

I have recently purchased a 96' Hymer S700, we have an integrated bike carrier on the rear of the van, unfortunately we have not got the frame / carrier that fits within and so cannot carry our bikes yet.

I have tried Hambiltons, but no joy. I wondered if anyone had such a thing lying around gathering dust :rolleyes: or whether anyone could suggest a possible source for a seconhand one.

Thanks

Any pics of the back of your van Hazy, and the set up that you have at the mo??, I may have an Idea:rolleyes::)

I havent at present, but will take one or three later today mate and post them ;)

Thanks
You will probably find that like mine it is an omnistor bike rack the plastic parts are blue hope this helps.

Sorry chaps I havent explained myself very well :eek:

What I called an integral bike carrier is this :rolleyes:

bertha.jpg

There is a panel which opens up and forms the base of the carrier, there should be a metal frame inside which attaches to the rear of the van, (inside the opened panel) This folds out from the back of van and bikes are hung on it.This is the part I am after.
The panel that opens up has some wheel straps on it to hold the wheels in place.

Hope this is clearer :)

Wow:eek:, what a beauty Hazy;), now I see what you mean but it seems I was barking up the wrong tree:eek:, sorry but good luck anyway:)

Thanks mate, we are very pleased with it so ffar, one or two little niggly probs but nothing important.
It seems that the part I want is not made anymore, well according to Hambiltons. So I am after a secondhand part or someone tht could possibly fabricate something.

I've got one on the back of my '97 Hymer S520,
(sorry, it's not for sale).
Basically,it's a u-shaped aluminium tube
which swings out to SUPPORT the bikes
which are standing tied down to those ridged
grooves. There's also an extension piece attached
to the u-tube when carrying more than one bike.
(not entirely essential).
It's been ages since I posted any photos on here
when I used to be Big Westy,
(seem to remember it being a pain in the butt),
but if anyone can point me towards instructions
for posting photos, I'd be happy to take some shots.
(or can e-mail them to you directly).
Don't think it would be too difficult to have one
made up.
Hope this helps, vanmandan.
(currently wintering in Greece,
be back in Bonnie Scotland late April
if you want to see it in the flesh.)

I've got one on the back of my '97 Hymer S520,
(sorry, it's not for sale).
Basically,it's a u-shaped aluminium tube
which swings out to SUPPORT the bikes
which are standing tied down to those ridged
grooves. There's also an extension piece attached
to the u-tube when carrying more than one bike.
(not entirely essential).
It's been ages since I posted any photos on here
when I used to be Big Westy,
(seem to remember it being a pain in the butt),
but if anyone can point me towards instructions
for posting photos, I'd be happy to take some shots.
(or can e-mail them to you directly).
Don't think it would be too difficult to have one
made up.
Hope this helps, vanmandan.
(currently wintering in Greece,
be back in Bonnie Scotland late April
if you want to see it in the flesh.)

Hi fella, That sounds the very thing that I am after. I would be very grateful for a photo if you can, I have messaged you my e mail addy.

Thanks

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back