VW T6.1 Poptop

Neckender

I’ve taken my VWT6.1 in to Cosmic Campers at Derby this morning to have a rising roof fitted, with scenic canvas, bifold bed with mattress, lighting and usbs in the top.
Also four led lights with wall switch in the living area, I’ll post pictures when I pick my van up on Thursday.

John

I’ve taken my VWT6.1 in to Cosmic Campers at Derby this morning to have a rising roof fitted, with scenic canvas, bifold bed with mattress, lighting and usbs in the top.
Also four led lights with wall switch in the living area, I’ll post pictures when I pick my van up on Thursday.

John

My daughter did very similar with her T5 John.

E84839D0-BEEC-4E2A-8A53-2A7F04455740.jpeg
We never slept in our poptop but we always used it even if just stopping for lunch. It gives the van a much more airy feel as it can feel a bit clostraphobic especially trying to sleep at night with the roof down. There’s a loot of cheap copy roofs and some are pretty poor quality but the Hi Lo roof would be my choice👌

Last edited:

John
hi i have recently purchased a T5 LWB which i’m in the process of converting, it in a workshop having a deisel heater fitted, i’m fitting a swivel to the passage double seat, and once the heater is fitted im picking it up and fitting a Sterling untra battery to battery charger, had a 180W Solar fitted last week so that’s all sorted, bought two less sure batteries so hoping that this will give me plenty of power for wild camping, got all the wiring to sort then next stage the units + sleeping area

hi i have recently purchased a T5 LWB which i’m in the process of converting, it in a workshop having a deisel heater fitted, i’m fitting a swivel to the passage double seat, and once the heater is fitted im picking it up and fitting a Sterling untra battery to battery charger, had a 180W Solar fitted last week so that’s all sorted, bought two less sure batteries so hoping that this will give me plenty of power for wild camping, got all the wiring to sort then next stage the units + sleeping area
That little bit extra the LWB gives makes all the difference. I’ve had both and things are a bit tight when the beds out in the SWB.

That little bit extra the LWB gives makes all the difference. I’ve had both and things are a bit tight when the beds out in the SWB.
Yea I get that because my sons got a SWB hence going for the LWB, decided to do majority of the convertion myself as I was quoted for a basic £18,500 plus vat where do they come up with these prices

Yea I get that because my sons got a SWB hence going for the LWB, decided to do majority of the convertion myself as I was quoted for a basic £18,500 plus vat where do they come up with these prices
My last camper cost less than that😳

Couldn’t live with the double swivel passenger seat. Too much faff to swivel it and seating angle was uncomfortable. Being able to access cab from back is another good reason for two captains seats.

Our Kiravans double seat swivel just works great undo the 4 locking bolts and within seconds the seat has swivelled, I’m going to fit a swivel to the drivers seat also.

John.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back