VPN & UK SIM

It's a interim server that scrambles and bounces your ip around the world, so not detectable and you can set it to which country you want, bit like an invisible force field, very important on a google infested tracking smartphone.
Some tracking on a phone is needed - what3words etc- or is this nothing to do with VPN?

Our EE UK SIM's work fine in France. They just jump onto whatever the local network is so have never used a VPN.

Google Chrome provides the user with a free VPN so if you use your phone as a hotspot, you can then access this via a laptop I guess.
Beware that new contracts on EE have no roaming access outside the UK.

You can choose to pay £2 per day, or £10 per month with a 50Gb cap (presuming that your contract includes 50Gb or greater in the UK).

I like to keep up to date with what is happening in the world and particularly the UK no matter how grim it is so i do that on my phone with the BBC News app, 5 minutes watching the news whilst having my breakfast isn`t toooooooooooooooooooooo much IMHO.

I`ll argue to the ends of the earth that watching the funeral on a HDTV was the right thing to do and i also helped International Relations by allowing the German couple who was pitched next to us come into our motorhome and watch it as well after the mishap when their portable solar panels got run over o_O

We also like to pre-book e-tickets if possible when we visit attractions in France which makes life so much easier and again this is done via the phone.

Sad when you buy a £100.000 m home and then sit looking at a mobile phone in it many miles from home. 😂

By hotspotting we don't look at our phones (it would be pretty grim anyway as they are ancient iPhone 5S's) but Mrs GMJ can check the news on her tablet and I use my laptop for news and forums whilst away. I changed my laptop for one with a larger screen so we can watch that comfortably now as I download loads of stuff to watch whilst away if we can't get a satellite signal for the TV.

Have 3 tablets here, dont work when away from wifi at home, and again full of google sh-t, all the use I can see for them is kiddies games.

I might add that without internet access even semi retired it would have been impossible for us to have gone away for months on end over the past 14 years. I find great satisfaction in being able to flog stuff or fix stuff when away in the van on holiday and get paid for it. :D The best one I remember was about ten years ago sat with my feet in Lake Maggiore drinking cocktails while working remotely for a couple of hours on a laptop. We were away five months in the summer and the bits and pieces I did more than paid for the entire trip.

I might add that without internet access even semi retired it would have been impossible for us to have gone away for months on end over the past 14 years. I find great satisfaction in being able to flog stuff or fix stuff when away in the van on holiday and get paid for it. :D The best one I remember was about ten years ago sat with my feet in Lake Maggiore drinking cocktails while working remotely for a couple of hours on a laptop. We were away five months in the summer and the bits and pieces I did more than paid for the entire trip.
Did you know, If you work in France, even remotely by computer, you need to obtain a working Visa ! And be registered on their fiscal system.

...how would they know if he was just using his laptop in the middle of nowhere?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back