VPN/BBC/Europe

I,m in Benidorm at the moment.Using nordvpn ,speciality servers,dedicated ip .On the pc watching bbc iplayer.
I don,t watch bbc a lot normally itv catchup or ch4 which both work well using this method also to listen to bbc radio 5 live etc using radioplayer app on the android phone or amazon Firestick.

Last edited:
I,m in Benidorm at the moment.Using nordvpn ,speciality servers,dedicated ip .On the pc watching bbc iplayer.
I don,t watch bbc a lot normally itv catchup or ch4 which both work well using this method also to listen to bbc radio 5 live etc using radioplayer app on the android phone or amazon Firestick.

Just downloaded NordVPN from the App Store. Its free but mentioned there were in app purchases. The in app purchases seem to be a subscription at £77 per annum or £11 per month ouch! Mind, there is a 7 day free trial after which I can cancel my subs.

Pat

Just downloaded NordVPN from the App Store. Its free but mentioned there were in app purchases. The in app purchases seem to be a subscription at £77 per annum or £11 per month ouch! Mind, there is a 7 day free trial after which I can cancel my subs.

Pat
It's worth a try if it's free :D I paid for a 2 year sub when it was on offer.Mainly for using PxxBay and various streaming apps for the firestick.
It's not perfect I watched the bodyguard on catchup but I couldn,t get bbc radio 2 live to work but the radioplayer app and other similar ones work ok.
Even though I could watch the live football tonight it's much better watching it on a big screen with a large cervesa in one of the local bars :D

It's worth a try if it's free :D I paid for a 2 year sub when it was on offer.Mainly for using PxxBay and various streaming apps for the firestick.
It's not perfect I watched the bodyguard on catchup but I couldn,t get bbc radio 2 live to work but the radioplayer app and other similar ones work ok.
Even though I could watch the live football tonight it's much better watching it on a big screen with a large cervesa in one of the local bars :D

I’ve downloaded it and whilst the beeb isn’t telling me I’m not in the UK I’m not having much luck downloading programmes. There’s a lot of “retry” and “download paused” going on. I’ll persevere whilst I’ve got the free trial. Coincidentally it’s the last episode of Bodyguard which we missed and although I thought it was a load of sh$te it would be good to see the ending.
Enjoy your match and the cervesa. I’ll let you know how I get on with the VPN.

Pat

Ad blockers

One thing to remember if using an Android phone or tablet is to disable any ad blockers before running a VPN as they may conflict.

No, it might be someone else can comment on ?

Will give it a try next week and report on here.

When I settle down, I will put my satellite dish up and point it to Intelsat. I'm surprised none of you lot don't go down that road!

When I settle down, I will put my satellite dish up and point it to Intelsat. I'm surprised none of you lot don't go down that road!

No dish ...... :lol-049:

How big a dish do you need to use Intelsat...does it work in Spain ? Why aren't all the disgruntled xpats using it instead of paying for IPTV. Is it the one where you have to use access code from the internet ? Maja

How big a dish do you need to use Intelsat...does it work in Spain ? Why aren't all the disgruntled xpats using it instead of paying for IPTV. Is it the one where you have to use access code from the internet ? Maja

Search for Intelsat 907 or Icecrypt on here.

You need an 80-85cm dish aligned to Intelsat 907 at 27.5 W.

Have a global search for BBC Satback.

Good luck

Hi. I've now been in France for a week and the location on Opera VPN service cannot now be set to UK, which is a great pity.

The only options are Europe, Americas or Asia. So unless anybody knows a workaround.

Has been great weather here in Les Sables-d'Olonne.

Not exactly wildcamping but only 8 euros a night, with electric and facils. No Brits but loads of Frenchies.

It seems

That the BEEB have not only "twigged" the VPN servers etc
BUT are now putting in a real effort to block all of them.

Annoying and also not "Strictly Legal" if you pay for a UK TV licence which you are not using whilst travelling and you cannot access iplayer as a substitute...!!!

Hi. I've now been in France for a week and the location on Opera VPN service cannot now be set to UK, which is a great pity.

The only options are Europe, Americas or Asia. So unless anybody knows a workaround.

Has been great weather here in Les Sables-d'Olonne.

Not exactly wildcamping but only 8 euros a night, with electric and facils. No Brits
but loads of Frenchies.

That`s one of the problems with France, too many bleeding foreigners :mad2:

I’m fine using iplayer in USA when connected via my three mifi. Although using a t&t I get an ip address in the uk.

IP vanish

Got back from Europe 4 weeks back, I used IP vanish on 3 devices, it picked up my IP address was outside UK on the iPad and the iPhone but worked fine on the TV with a jaailbroken Firestick, it seems that to be certain of a good result you will need a static IP address in the UK, some VPN's supply this but it's apparently quite expensive.

NORDVPN for BBC Iplayer on a Firestick

We are currently in Spain and have got Iplayer working using NordVPN on a Firestick.

Download and install NordVPN on to the Firestick. Select the UK location.

The BBC Iplayer app gets blocked but if you download the Firefox app on to the firestick, enter the bbc.co.uk in to the browser and choose iplayer from the BBC website - it works.

Update- Nord VPN

I’ve been using Nord VPN for a couple of weeks now and whilst I can stream programmes from the BBC IPlayer site onto my iPad I can’t download. Strange.
Pat

VPN , any experts on here

So it would seem nearly all VPN providers are coming to an end where the BBC and probably others like netflix or ITV are concerned. It seems to me to be related to the area's to which BBC are legally allowed to broadcast so I cann't see any way around this problem except for a HUGE satellite dish or using the internet to watch iplayer.
The BBC can now detect an IP address where there are multiple users trying to log in and are blocking these addresses as they occur so it's unlikely any VPN provider will be capable of keeping one step ahead in the future unless I'm missing something.
So, am I correct in assuming that if I installed a private VPN on a very expensive router in the UK then accessed the router remotely from anywhere else in the World it would allow me to do so?, the downsides that I can see is firstly on the home network I would need a very fast upload speed for exporting video to work in the first place so do any UK providers offer good upload and download speeds, at least 5gb is a figure I've heard is required.
The 4g network in the UK can provide upload and download speeds necessary but the cost per gig is prohibitively expensive anyway as I can confirm as I use a 4g Teltonika router in the van, video eats the data both in the UK and abroad, AND, 2 of my 3 devices were detected and blocked by iplayer anyway!
Here's the question at last, we're promised super fast home broadband shortly, if I were to find a UK ISP that offered enough upload speed capabilities and installed a VPN on the home router could I connect to my 'home network' remotely by configuring the travelling Teltonika router as a VPN client ?

So it would seem nearly all VPN providers are coming to an end where the BBC and probably others like netflix or ITV are concerned. It seems to me to be related to the area's to which BBC are legally allowed to broadcast so I cann't see any way around this problem except for a HUGE satellite dish or using the internet to watch iplayer.
The BBC can now detect an IP address where there are multiple users trying to log in and are blocking these addresses as they occur so it's unlikely any VPN provider will be capable of keeping one step ahead in the future unless I'm missing something.
So, am I correct in assuming that if I installed a private VPN on a very expensive router in the UK then accessed the router remotely from anywhere else in the World it would allow me to do so?, the downsides that I can see is firstly on the home network I would need a very fast upload speed for exporting video to work in the first place so do any UK providers offer good upload and download speeds, at least 5gb is a figure I've heard is required.
The 4g network in the UK can provide upload and download speeds necessary but the cost per gig is prohibitively expensive anyway as I can confirm as I use a 4g Teltonika router in the van, video eats the data both in the UK and abroad, AND, 2 of my 3 devices were detected and blocked by iplayer anyway!
Here's the question at last, we're promised super fast home broadband shortly, if I were to find a UK ISP that offered enough upload speed capabilities and installed a VPN on the home router could I connect to my 'home network' remotely by configuring the travelling Teltonika router as a VPN client ?

I’m presently having no problems watching UK tv using a three dongle in the USA. Chatting to someone yesterday, they use their home router to effectively have a vpn. They said that it is necessary though to have a static ip address, for which the isp makes a small monthly charge.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back