Volksfloatenwagen

n brown

1631399524670.png

Incidentally, I’ve a pal with a stunning split window camper. It’s agreed value for insurance is, wait for it, you won’t believe it, eighty-five thousand pounds....
If it was rare, or had some fascinating history, perhaps I could understand. As much as l love old VWs, I just don’t get the values these days. I guess it’s supply and demand.

I remember back in the 70’s VW did an advert featuring a Beetle floating/driving across I think it was either Singapore or Hong Kong bay. It was a standard production vehicle I think as well and was to show how well put together they were. Wouldn’t like to try it a few years on when the rubber seal between body and chassis had time to perish though :)

I remember back in the 70’s VW did an advert featuring a Beetle floating/driving across I think it was either Singapore or Hong Kong bay. It was a standard production vehicle I think as well and was to show how well put together they were. Wouldn’t like to try it a few years on when the rubber seal between body and chassis had time to perish though :)

Had a 1303 in yellow, drank fuel, poor brakes bad in x winds and handled like a pig on ice, sold it after 3 mths and got a imp.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back