Vision plus 270 Omni directional aireal

argoose

Hi , has anyone fitted or know if this aireal is any good.
Looked at the 270 with but not able to fit as nowhere for the mast to intrude into habitation area. The Omni directional has a small intrusion, so will fit into any cupboard. But pointless if no fit for purpose.
Thanks

We have the 570 (I think)
Lift up pole version.... And it was a, big improvement over the original version that was fitted.

Thanks for reply. I have no room for the pole inside the van.
Is why I was looking at the Omni directional version, it has no pole

Reactions: Lee
Thanks for reply. I have no room for the pole inside the van.
Is why I was looking at the Omni directional version, it has no pole
I know chap....

I was trying (clumsily possibly )
That the more modern version to what we had was/is an improvement over the previous flying saucer type....
The extra lift of the pole was a added bonus and a cherry on top.

Thank you, guessed newer is better, being more digital oriented, than the older type.
Hopefully someone will have had dealings with a newer omni directional aireal 😁

I have one I did have the lift up status aerial but got fed up forgetting to put it back down when we moved so I bought the 270 it has been excellent the only thing I have found that it works better if I turn the booster down slightly rather than having it fully turned up I get a lot more channels when it is turned down a little hope this helps

I have one I did have the lift up status aerial but got fed up forgetting to put it back down when we moved so I bought the 270 it has been excellent the only thing I have found that it works better if I turn the booster down slightly rather than having it fully turned up I get a lot more channels when it is turned down a little hope this helps
Thanks for reply. I have never used a signal booster, any signal corruption will get boosted too.

Thanks for reply. I have never used a signal booster, any signal corruption will get boosted too.
It won’t work without the booster.
These aerials rely on signal amplification to function properly.
And most loft aerials in homes use boosters, mines does.

No home boosters here, but yes the van one has a amp/booster 12v.

Thanks for reply.
I've been using a free standing omnidirectional spike aerial with ground plane. Works in most places but a few places have been struggling for clean signal. So when boosted it never works.
Time to put in a fixed dedicated aerial. Would be fitted as per instructions, which means if designed to be boosted, it will be. 👍

No home boosters here, but yes the van one has a amp/booster 12v.
Hence why the word most Trev.
But if you boosted your loft aerial you would probably receive more channels, and improve both sound and picture quality.

Thanks for reply.
I've been using a free standing omnidirectional spike aerial with ground plane. Works in most places but a few places have been struggling for clean signal. So when boosted it never works.
Time to put in a fixed dedicated aerial. Would be fitted as per instructions, which means if designed to be boosted, it will be. 👍
I have been using vision plus aerials for six years now, and if I forget to turn on the booster they never work. What’s important is you don’t over amplify the signal. Adjusting to the correct level of amplification is important, don’t simply leave it at maximum. If you find that your picture breaks up intermittently then adjusting the booster may do the trick.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back