Visa's for Canada and Usa

Makzine

Looking for people who have travelled over there and need to pick some brains before we start looking properly.
We are looking into traveling over the pond in a couple of years time for a few months. As we have family out in both Canada and USA so what we are wondering is what hoops we will have to jump through to get visa's and also any helpful links or thoughts that you may have. We would be traveling to Washington USA and Toronto Canada and also the northern territories. Thanks :wave:

Forgot to say that we're thinking of renting an RV or would it be possible to buy and sell? your thoughts please. we're looking to go for three months.

I'm assuming you have UK passports. You can visit .the USA for 90 days without a visa, Canada is probably the same. You need to complete a ESTA form at least 72 hours before your flight to the USA. If you are planning a longer visit then you will need a visa before you travel and your passport must be valid for 6 months beyond your return date.

Forgot to say that we're thinking of renting an RV or would it be possible to buy and sell? your thoughts please. we're looking to go for three months.

I posted my comment while you were adding extra info. You can buy vehicles in the US but you will need insurance, which you may need a US address for that. Since you have family/friends here then maybe they will help you with that. When you buy a vehicle in the US you also have the added cost of registration, which varies from state to state.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back