Vicarious Books - Wow what a Service

marrwyck

Hi everyone,

Like most, when you buy your 1st motor home & are planning that trip you have been waiting for, you need some info.

Well thxs to the wonderful people on here who give good sound honest advice & post their experiences etc we're pretty much sorted & nearly ready to depart on our now unfortunately shorter trip of Europe.
Can now only do July 08 to March 09, but then should be able to go back over there again after our short trip back to the UK.

Anyway to the point of this post:
After reading reviews on Vicarious books, we went on the website & purchased the following:

Go Motorhoming & all the aires (special double deal)
France passion
Camperstop
Green stop & guida camper (special double deal)
Total cost £95.97 including free delivery.

I know that some of you may feel thats alot of money.
But looking at the info I have received from members of this site, it's money well spent.

We ordered these books Wednesday afternoon & the postman delivered them to us this morning.

Taking a brief look through every book, great, just the info we would like to have to hand whilst on our trip.

A big thxs to all of you for all your advice & a big thxs to Vicarious Books for such a great service :D

We have just bought All the Aires and joined France Passion (not French Passion as Mrs Colpot tried to look up on the Internet - but thats a whole different Story!)
Looks good for our trip to France in September. Went camping to St Tropez last year with Canvas Holidays and came back and bought the Hymer.
Am using the the free book and cd from the Independant to learn basic French but can only find time to do it on the train, so I have to say the words in my head:eek: Sometimes I forget and say them out loud:eek:

Good choice
Camperstop is quite useful although the one we have the map pages are a little all over the place and not in a sensible order that correspond easily with the lists (may be we need a new one )
we find that all the Aires is a lot better thought out and easier to understand and France passion is ideal if you like quiet country locations we use all three along with our list of recommendations from this forum and of Corse our own list gathered over many years
Enjoy your travels as much as the finances in this hard time allows .

we also use either canvas /eurocamp or keycamp to when we have accommodate all the family for the annual family meet including grandchildren somewhere in the region of 22 of us we use the motorhome they use the camping companys facilitys
we also first started holidays with eurocamp /canvas 25 years ago £230 for 3 weeks in spain for the 5 of us including ferry wow how costs have risen probably a couple of grand now for the same thing
cheers terry

We have just bought All the Aires and joined France Passion (not French Passion as Mrs Colpot tried to look up on the Internet - but thats a whole different Story!)
Looks good for our trip to France in September. Went camping to St Tropez last year with Canvas Holidays and came back and bought the Hymer.
Am using the the free book and cd from the Independant to learn basic French but can only find time to do it on the train, so I have to say the words in my head:eek: Sometimes I forget and say them out loud:eek:

You're so right to join France Passion; I've been member for 12 years now - never been disapointed. A few excelent ones (look in the booklet): Dep 27(Eure), Le Noyer en Ouche (warm welcome, superb cider, calvados...); Dep 7 (Ardèche) Bourg St Andéol (flemish sisters making a superb Côte du Rhône and other things-English spoken), Dep 26: Aurel (Cremant, Clairette and a 3*** vin de pays). And remember: your French will certainly improve following your wine consumption :D
For Wilding places in France go to http://a.ccl.free.fr/annuaire/accueil.htm
Bonne voyage ;)

Thxs for the info.

Wish I could understand a little more than English, but I'm sure we'll get there :)

marwick
you dont have to speak french to get some understanding from the text look at it slowly you will be suprised how many words are simmilar i have been best guessing for 42 years and we get buy and enjoy the experiance
good luck with tour tour
cheers terry

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back