Very new newbie.

off topic

monkeynut said:
looks like you have all gone off topic . tut tut LOL

well there is day's on here with no activity so any new posts are fine by me

hi merlin check out this link here for more info on how to do it!!......
i was very nervous at 1st,but you do get used to it..find somewhere you would like to visit (some great sites on here)..if it feels right..go for it,but always plan your stay..i.e..make sure you can drive away just in case any trouble,dont put external blinds up only internal ones...if you drink make sure you make it clear that you dont intend to drive (done leave keys in the ignition & turn seat if possible)...and last but not least...enjoy!! go with like minded people if you are nervous,sometimes a few of us meetup and you would be welcome to join in..touch wood i have never had a problem and have never been asked to move on....we always respect where we stay..i.e rubbish,noise etc...we prefer wilding than sites as long as you pick a great spot...laybys on a busy rd may be good for a stop over on the way to somewhere,but would you want to spend the weekend in one?? i personally wouldnt but each to there own...anyhow whatever you do...have fun..sammclouis

Thanks

Thanks you so much everyone for your welcome. I don't give a hoot what people think or say about what I'm driving, I'm not asking them to pay for anything, Plus what I have is all mine not owned by a finance company, I like to live within my means. We can't all drive top of the range and some of us don't want to. How many vehicles on the road have got a starting handle?

Samm, many thanks for the hints and tips, that sort of information is just what I'm after. I would love to meet up with a small group but Shropshire is a bit of a way off. I've got a thing about litter so there's no problem on that count, my keys are on a hook and never left in the ignition, can't turn the seat. There is a place near me where people seem to camp wild, maybe that's the starting place.

Merlin:rolleyes:

merlin wanderer said:
Thanks ***** I have mind you spent many a day underneath it
but it has to be done trying to keep the dreaded rust at bay
its a petrol engine 140k on the clock and still going strong
Hi Merlin Wanderer,
Sorry for late reply, (been a little tied up) but your van does you credit!
Keep it up and long may you enjoy!:cool:

stuff what people think about your van its what you think that counts.....glad you liked my info...we do get out of shropshire quite often so will let you know on here when we are goin to meet and where and see if you can make it eh...as more the merrier...have a good scoot around the site..plenty to learn on here...sammy x

Samm

Have you ever been moved on in the middle of the night, and what do you do if it happens? I suppose this is one of the things that bothers me a bit.

Merlin said:
Samm

Have you ever been moved on in the middle of the night, and what do you do if it happens? I suppose this is one of the things that bothers me a bit.
no never yet!!!
we choose where we park quite carefully as not to get moved...but thats not to say it never will...it used to bother me more than anything but you do get used to it,and its never happened to me...anyway use some of your female charm on them if they ask you to move......lol :D

I think I would be very careful where I parked, but as to the female charm, at my age that's a distant memory. I think I've got to give it a go before the winter then next year I can see how much money I can save by not using sites.
Merlin

us ladies we have the charm at whatever age......but you will save tons of £ by wilding it...samm;)

Well thank heavens for that. I bought my old, cheap camper because I was going on continental coach tours and paying, including spending, about £600 for a week's holiday. May not be a lot to a lot of people but it is to me and I decided I could have a good time driving myself around and being totally selfish, going where, when and how I pleased, and for a lot less. I don't like restriction and having to be places at certain times, so the freedom is a holiday in itself, although I will miss the ferry journey and the changing continental scenery, but I realise I have seen so very little of this country. I probably know the Rhineland better. I'm off to Luxembourg next week and really wish I wasn't going but it was booked last year. So watch out, next year I shall be rampaging round the British countryside with a vengence.

wilding!

Hi and welcome to the site, I've been following this thread since it's inception and I get the sneakiest suspicion that you're a lot more confident than you make out!! I reckon you're gonna do just fine, enjoy and take lots of piccies for us all to see!!....Daviexx:D :D

Hi All,

Many thanks for all the encouragement and messages. I've not been back before because I was bit off colour, then went on holiday for a week and am now trying to catch up with my college course. I want to go off for a few days during half term (can go at other times because I do a little school job). I'd love to try going wild but I am very nervous, I've never been very good in the dark.

Just had a thought. I can check out a popular wild site and if it doesn't look right there are three regular sites 4 miles down the road.

Merlin

Merlin said:
Hi All,

Many thanks for all the encouragement and messages. I've not been back before because I was bit off colour, then went on holiday for a week and am now trying to catch up with my college course. I want to go off for a few days during half term (can go at other times because I do a little school job). I'd love to try going wild but I am very nervous, I've never been very good in the dark.

Just had a thought. I can check out a popular wild site and if it doesn't look right there are three regular sites 4 miles down the road.

Merlin
if its a popular wild site then my guess is it's gonna be ok it wouldn't be popular otherwise:D

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back